Tech Monkey
Here's mine.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 697

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
This is mine, but it looks like I need to remake the wallpaper.

Attachments

• 12-13-2010 11-07-22 PM.jpg
    12-13-2010 11-07-22 PM.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 711

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This is mine, but it looks like I need to remake the wallpaper.

Whoa, talk about a busy desktop!

I have another... I've been using Xfce for the past couple of months, just taking a little break from KDE. With 4.5.4 out, which was supposed to stabilize a lot of the bugs that plagued 4.5 since it's launch, I decided to go back. Loving it as usual.

Attachments

• desktopshot.jpg
    desktopshot.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 660

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
When it comes to Linux, I usually use Gnome. I've tried Xfce, found it to be very minimalist -- not necessarily a bad thing. KDE has a lot of stuff going for it. I dislike the constant use of "K" in the names though. Kind of nit-picky, I guess, but still ...

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I remember a conversation with my wife when we found out she was pregnant about what if we have an ugly child and then everybody will sugar coat the answer if asked, "Aren't they cute?"

Then it spiraled into what if he is a serial killer when he grows up?

At least we have our answer for one of those. :p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I remember a conversation with my wife when we found out she was pregnant about what if we have an ugly child and then everybody will sugar coat the answer if asked, "Aren't they cute?"

Haha, I don't sugar coat much, and you'd certainly know if you had an ugly kid or not. If I ever have kids I hope to have them as cute as that, seriously.

ok, long overdue, but here's mine. Never did change the Windows background :p

CHANGE IT. Boy, BC2 gamers are boring. :eek:

:p

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's not performance that bugs me about NIS. I've just had a lot of problems with it in the past. Couldn't run a couple of games until I uninstalled it. Not sure if problems like that still exist or not.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
It's not performance that bugs me about NIS. I've just had a lot of problems with it in the past. Couldn't run a couple of games until I uninstalled it. Not sure if problems like that still exist or not.

I agree.. I don't like it eating too many system resources as well. I'm using Avast Internet Security quite fond of that solution so far :) It a Dutch solution :p

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Avast is good, except the (admittedly infrequent) ads that popup.

By the way, the ATI catalyst gpu driver still crashes from time to time. Apparently it is a known issue in Windows 7. The annoying thing is when it happens, it requires a restart to resolve.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
By the way, the ATI catalyst gpu driver still crashes from time to time. Apparently it is a known issue in Windows 7. The annoying thing is when it happens, it requires a restart to resolve.

I don't have that issue, but I can't even use the newest one (10.12). It cuts my framerate in half. I could only get 25-37 in Borderlands with 10.12 and with 10.11 it stays at a constant 62

CHANGE IT. Boy, BC2 gamers are boring. :eek:

:p

Better now? :p

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 618
Last edited: