Who's watching the World Cup?

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Ever seen a more stubborn team then Greece, i have not! Argentina did well!

South Korea Vs Nigeria was also really good! Yakubu's miss is truly gonna haunt him forever!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
man the last few minutes in the England game were tense, realy wanted them to qualify, and a good win for the USA too! :D

GFreeman

Coastermaker
It has definitely been a good win for the US! It's inspiring to see these guys fight for the win they never quit. They deserved the win! It has made this game sparkling to watch!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
C'mon grass! We may not be able to play soccer but we can grow a lawn like nobody else!

I want to see someone throw a clean, midfield body check. Hockey in the off season sucks.

Last edited:

orthancstone

Obliviot
I want to feel bad for the fact that I think Italy got screwed out of a goal (another bad offside call IMO), but the Azzurri were flat out bad during most of the group stage. That team needs to be demolished and rebuilt.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This is an interesting World Cup, that's for sure. Top-rate teams aren't playing very well at all, while the underdogs seem to be putting real effort into things. I missed the Portugal vs. Brazil game today, but I was told that I essentially missed nothing, and that it was easily one of the most boring matches of the tournament.

Wait... BRA vs. POR as the most boring match of the World Cup? Something doesn't quite add up there.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Hehehehe.... what is the difference between Italy and a teabag? A teabag stays in the cup longer!
*BUH DAH BUM.... CHING!*

eunoia

Partition Master
You really get a sense that anything can happen, especially now that teams are gearing up in the elimination round. None of the top teams with millionaire stars have been consistently amazing, maybe the undefeated are holding back a bit (like Netherlands, another yawn-fest their last game...)

On the other side, the longshots seem a lot scarier this time around: Japan with two perfect free kick strikes and Slovakia (!) another team I'm not sick of watching. And what about the South American teams? Uruguay and Chile could upset their more famous neighbours, it's only one game and they've done it in qualifying.

Best WC ever!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
US and Ghana match was very good! US missed alot of one one chances! still, good game!

Germany vs England = awesome!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Germany is on Fire! The refs SUCK though! Lampard's goal was Freakin' inside!!!!!!!

Argentina Mexico match, opening goal not being called offside, totall idiots! I want Third empire system like in cricket!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha, that was a GREAT match. So glad to see Netherlands keep it in there. I have a good feeling that there's going to be an up-roar for Robinho's rejected first "goal". It was clearly offside, but still...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Haha, that was a GREAT match. So glad to see Netherlands keep it in there. I have a good feeling that there's going to be an up-roar for Robinho's rejected first "goal". It was clearly offside, but still...

very good match! I love to watch the best go out! lol! :D they can roar as much as they want, they scored twice with hand balls! Fate bit em in the ass now, hahaa!

Ghana lost a match they should have won!:mad: Still, the most dramatic match of the World Cup! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Man Argentina got thrashed! unbelievable! :D

I predict a Final of Germany Vs Netherlands!

and Germany as the World Champions! :D

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Nuuuuuuuuuu obviously I can't agree with that lol! Holland for the win! I must admit we have been lucky against the Brazilians the first half, but the second half we where becoming stronger. Fair enough the wind has been blowing in our favour the second half haha.. Well I am optimistic we will see what happens. Robin van Persie was disappointing if you ask me.. I think I have more confidence in Huntelaar. Tomorrow will be another exciting day! A lot of surprises again this World Championship.

I do have a tip for Germany.. lol.. Don't peek with spectacular play too soon.. They might not reach the same level the next game. I remember this happened to us when we beat the Italians 4-1 in the European Championship. The next game we where out against Guus Hiddink as coach for Russia.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have to agree on van Persie, which is unfortunate because I usually regard him very highly as a footballer. There's rumors out there that Arsenal might possibly be selling him for around £35 million, and if so, I say we should take the money and run. That kind of money can go a long way with new talent. I still hope Fabregas decides to stay, though..

Germany is playing really well, but I'm rooting for either Spain or Netherlands... I just can't choose between them :D

eunoia

Partition Master
Getting down to crunch time! I'm still down with the Orange, they have tools to use against any opponent. Germany was impressive but they were also impressive against Australia, before losing to Serbia, who lost to both Ghana and Australia. I hope they choke and we get Spain vs. Netherlands in the final.