Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers

U

Unregistered

hi

well. even if you hook up a game console to a surround sound system with red and white rca cables, you wont get true surround sound.
im not truly sure if it will work with the x540, since game consoles dont have the extra sound outputs like pc sound cards have

tip: if u get an 3.5mm audio splitter (like the ones for mp3 players that allow 2 people to listen in) u could connect that to the back of the subwoofer (green port) and then connect your pc and ps3/xbox/wii to it..should work

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
well. even if you hook up a game console to a surround sound system with red and white rca cables, you wont get true surround sound.
im not truly sure if it will work with the x540, since game consoles dont have the extra sound outputs like pc sound cards have

tip: if u get an 3.5mm audio splitter (like the ones for mp3 players that allow 2 people to listen in) u could connect that to the back of the subwoofer (green port) and then connect your pc and ps3/xbox/wii to it..should work

I agree. I have no idea how to get true 5.1 from a console to be honest, but using a splitter will deliver audio to each of the speakers no problem. I know a couple of people who do this and it works fine. For true surround, you might need HDMI and a receiver or some configuration like this (or a receiver that accepts component, perhaps).