Show off your desktop!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This thread has gone way too long without an update. Here is my updated desktop. Two icon sets are used and merged, Crystal Diamond and nuoveXT Black. Photo was taken on the balcony of the Miyako Hotel in Japantown, San Francisco, during last months IDF.

Attachments

• oct_31_desktop.jpg
    oct_31_desktop.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 573

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Solitaire and Mahjongg, mainly when I have to wait for slow page loads with my crap satellite connection............:(

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Um... It been a while since ive posted in here...

As usual, as cluttered as my desktop is, This is semi organized. ;-p

So F@K off.
LOL

On the other machine, I created a fold called ICONS, and drag and drop most ot the shortcuts to that, to clean up the desktop.
SO when I want to use one, I open the ICON fold ( on desktop ) and use that to launch the program.

Merlin

slugbug

Coastermaker
Is that a pic from out where you live and possibly one of your V dubs??

No, actually I found it on http://www.thesamba.com/vw/
There's a pretty interesting story behind the pic. The original owner drove the car(1950 VW) across the ice to the island its pictured on where the car broke down. Years later someone discovered it and made a raft to put the car on and towed it behind his motor boat back to the mainland.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Now that a real interesting story...............;)

Pulling it back across on a raft with a little motor boot is way cool..........:)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You guys have great desktops. Merlin, I love that wallpaper, it's great! Here's my latest... which hasn't changed much since last time. The icon applications themselves never usually move, but once in a blue moon I go out and see if I can find new graphics to use. I like my latest "Home" icon though... looks just like the Dell I plan to pick up soon.

Attachments

• march_2008_rob_desktop.jpg
    march_2008_rob_desktop.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 554
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I've been monitoring this thread and was wondering what program is best for themes in Windows XP? I tried LiteStep and didn't really like it, then I tried uxthemes and that was a bit weird because it seemed to stuff up certain things on my comp.
What do all you guys use?

I'll post a pic of my desktop tomorrow aswell probably.

:D

THUMPer

Coastermaker
Well, there seems to be over tones mixed with a subtle mixture ( in a dark way ) with deep desires.

By the way, have you finish COD4 modern warfare?

Merlin

Finish? I havn't even played single player. I only do Multi player on COD4.