Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

U

Unregistered

counterstrike?

righto, i plugged it in added the MS software, and i still cant get it to work, i know this isnt a helpline and i sound like a n00b lol

but how can i configure this to work with condition zero?

anyhelp would be muchly appreciated...

xk_47@hotmail.com

if u have any advice would u email me

Thnx

Kain ^^

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Unregistered said:
righto, i plugged it in added the MS software, and i still cant get it to work, i know this isnt a helpline and i sound like a n00b lol

but how can i configure this to work with condition zero?

anyhelp would be muchly appreciated...

xk_47@hotmail.com

if u have any advice would u email me

Thnx

Kain ^^

Tried sending you a link via hotmail. But it was returned. :confused:

PLucas005

Obliviot
EAsports games?

Im a PC gamer and I play all the easports games such as madden nba live and mvp baseball. ive been looking for a good controller for those games for a few yrs now, has anybody tried the xbox 360 one with these games?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I don't play sport games, but I can't see you running into a big issue. Those games are for the X360 also... so you should be able to tweak it to act just like it would on the console.

If you have a friend who has a wired Xbox controller, try to borrow it and give it a try. All you need is the software to give it a go.

U

Unregistered

fifa 07

Hello all,
i have used the xbox 360 controller for windows, and playing fifa worldcup 2006 germany, BUT when i installed fifa 07 plugged it in, the controller is not recognized ;s.. i tried downloading the dirvers again.. any ideas??

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ugh, that's a weird one. I'd say the game is not supported yet. You may want to check their official forums and see what the scoop is. I am sure that you are not the only one with this issue.

This must be the buggiest controller ever invented. Seems to work in only half of the games people play.

U

Unregistered

alright then, sounds good
thank you i appreciate it

U

Unregistered

Judge

I had exactly the same problem and its so annoying do you need a patch or something?

U

Unregistered

I'm using the Wireless Xbox 360 Controller here, along with the Wireless Gaming Receiver. It's working perfectly, and it features rumble and everything. The only problem I had is that with Psychonauts, it won't let me remap the triggers. At default settings, they control the camera as "JoyZ" but if I remap it too something else, they aren't recognized. I'm pretty sure this is the game's fault, though.

O

Ohiostater

Quake III

I know it is a little older, but i am trying to beat up on my co-workers in Quake III. I am a 360 guy so I am having trouble with the mouse/keyboard.

I brought in my wired-360 controller and in windows everything appears to work (every button registers and functions). However, when I go into quake there is only one thing that doesn't work...turning left and right. I can look up and down, move in all directions, shoot, taunt, jump, etc. But for the love of God I can't get it to be able to look left and right. It is as though the game doesn't recognize the controller pointing in those directions.

Is there a fix for this? A workaround? A flaw in Quake? etc...

Any advice is appreciated.

U

Unregistered

controller

you know the xbox360 wireless controller it can come with a battery pack and wire which acts as a wired controller when plugged in for charging purposes, technically and theoretically surely it would still work with the pc as it is plugged into the hardware, does this work with the pc? and if not why not? thanks.

U

Unregistered

Can you use wireless 360 controllers by plugging in the charge kit into the pc? If so how exactly does this work? I've installed all the drivers. Thanks.

U

Unregistered

I have the xbox360 thing for PC, and it works fine. The only problem so far is with fifa207, which u can do a work around by only putting it on during the game. I bought the charger and it works fine, as it is a USB thing and it charges. Windows did find a new device, but I didnt bother, since I have the drivers for the wireless thing. I can check it later.

I found another problem though... and only with fifa2007. I bought another controller, and I can't make it work on fifa2007. That is, I cant have 2 xbox on, fifa just finds one. I'll try to change the USB name of the controller on the reg of windows, and hack the controllers file of fifa2007 (devdata I think on the input folder of fifa2007)

All the problems I have is due to the poor lack of support from EA.

I can Play Micromachine fine... and its a damn old game...

U

Unregistered

Can you use wireless 360 controllers by plugging in the charge kit into the pc? If so how exactly does this work? I've installed all the drivers. Thanks.

I'd also like some help with this. I've tried looking all over Microsoft's site for answers and came up with nothing. Is there any way to use the wireless controller on a PC by using the USB charge cable?

Also, do any third party wired controllers support play on the PC? I'm not too keen on spending $40 on a new Microsoft controller, but I might be able to swing $20 - $30 on a third party controller after some game/DVD trade-ins at the local GameStop (I'm just a broke student/intern now, so money is a little tight :( ).

U

Unregistered

Mort

Does anyone know if an xbox 360 controller will work with an xbox...

Cheers
M

U

Unregistered

can somebody send me a link to use xbox 360 controller with condition zero

can somebody send me a link to use xbox 360 controller with condition zero

wilnye91@hotmail.com

U

Unregistered

i installed the xbox thing and after that what do you do? just plug it in and turn your controller on and use it? Cause after the installation the cntroller isnt working for me and i dont use vista i have windows media

U

Unregistered

PC controller Vs 360 controller

Hi,

I'm looking to buy Halo for my PC. I already have PC controllers which work a treat with FIFA etc. Do I need to buy the specific Xbox 360 controller to use with these games or can I use my regular one? I know you can use the keyboard and mouse but I'd rather not.

Thanks