Who's seen the new Cosmos II case?

madmat

Soup Nazi
That's a big beastly bastard is it not?

Seriously, does a computer case need it's own area code? I think it has it's own gravitational field...

madmat

Soup Nazi
Good, so, I gotta ask are the measurements taken from the bars or from the case itself? 13" wide? Damn.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
At least the bars are wide enough for doing upside-down pull-ups. We all do those, right?

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I didn't take any measurements to see where Cooler Master started since I was too busy using four letter words and throwing out my back each time I had to move it.

This...

cooler_master_cosmos_ii_32.jpg

...nearly killed me!

madmat

Soup Nazi
I can believe it, it's a freaking monster! I bet that you can't walk a straight line past it, the gravity well starts pulling you in.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't take any measurements to see where Cooler Master started since I was too busy using four letter words and throwing out my back each time I had to move it.

This...

cooler_master_cosmos_ii_32.jpg

...nearly killed me!

I begin to sweat just looking at that image.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I sweat from answering the phone so moving it from where it was being built to where it was being photographed was a true workout.

madmat

Soup Nazi
LOL, I was just imagining how lost a wee little itx mobo would look trussed up in the huge ass case.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Putting anything smaller than an ATX motherboard is a total waste of money. Then again, if you're buying a Cosmos II you must have money to burn so it probably doesn't matter.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Putting anything smaller than an ATX motherboard is a total waste of money. Then again, if you're buying a Cosmos II you must have money to burn so it probably doesn't matter.

I can understand why some people would love a chassis like this. It's huge to the point where you just never have to worry about degraded airflow, or running out of room for things. But at the same time, I couldn't imagine walking into a room with this thing and not feel a little intimidated. I could just picture it thinking, "GET THE EFF OUT, THIS IS MY DOMAIN!!"

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Cooling really wasn't that great in it. I'd take a Level 10 GT before one of these. It was a good case but the Level 10 just felt more polished and provided better out-of-the-box cooling.