Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It was only the other day that the veil was taken off of Voodoo's new Envy 133, and now Rahul Sood, CTO for HP's Gaming Business, has posted numerous "unboxing" pictures on his blog. You may just want to grab a towel to wipe off any potential drool.

This thing is gorgeous, and even the packaging is well-thought-out. The experience is designed to mimic one like opening a luxurious box of chocolates, or jewelry, or a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, and I have little doubt that whoever purchases one will get a serious tingly feeling all over during the process. Aside from the box, other close-up shots are included as well, including the one below.

The only thing to really confuse me is the fact that the power button is inline with the rest of the keyboard, near where the DEL key usually sits. I could see this causing some potential issue, so I'm curious how they decided to prevent against accidental shutdowns. But, this is undoubtedly the best-looking 13" notebook on the market, and yes, I do want one.

The lesser-known fact about this notebook is that it takes advantage of DeviceVM's SplashTop, the instant-on Linux environment. As it seems, Voodoo's attempt looks far better than anything to date, which makes sense given the notebook it's to appear on.

voodoo_envy_133_closeup_071008.jpg

Since we're taking orders on the new Envy 133 now, we thought it would be a good time to demonstrate the packaging and the contents that come inside the box. Our packaging expert Allison worked with our ID folks to design the Envy 133 presentation box to look somewhat like a Tiffany box. It lifts up like a hat box to reveal a wonderful presentation, including the Envy 133 wrapped in a microfiber polish sleeve.

Source: Rahul Sood's Blog