Voodoo Envy 133 is Expensive, but Gorgeous

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
Big notebooks are out and small notebooks are in. I personally didn't realize how great smaller notebooks could be until I first took a look at a Hypersonic offering back in May, then proceeded by an ASUS offering which shared the same form-factor. I don't recall a time when my opinion on things has ever shifted so fast. I am now such a fan of smaller notebooks, I almost scoff at anything larger!

With the smaller size, however, higher prices will be seen. Although the ASUS and Hypersonic I took a look at before hover around $1,500, "luxury" models exist that cost much more. Take Lenovo's X300, for example, or the MacBook AIR, which retail for over $2,500. But then we have the Voodoo Envy 133, which easily becomes the best-looking 'small' notebook on the market, and comes in at 13.3".

The prices are not that subtle either, with most of the best models sitting at over $3,000. The basic model which includes a 1.6GHz Intel SP7500 CPU and 80GB HDD retails for $2,099, which isn't too bad, given the gorgeous design. The $3,399 model will bump up the processors speed, give you some software to deal with and also give you a 64GB SSD. Expensive, but wow, is it easy to look at.

voodoo_envy_133_070808.jpg

Developed by the HP Voodoo Business Unit, the Voodoo Envy 133 delivers critical features such as wireless(2) and Ethernet connectivity, USB and HDMI ports, and a 13.3-inch diagonal backlit LED display. All of the features are wrapped in a visually stunning package that consumers can customize via a full pallet of Voodoo Allure paint finishes.

Source: Voodoo Envy 133