The *Official* I'm Pumped For Borderlands 2 Thread AKA Here's My Wallet, Randy!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Optix, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Kayden

Kayden Tech Monkey

Sep 13, 2010
    CA
    Mine will be on the Multi-Monitor portion of it! (c;

2. Optix

Optix Basket Chassis Staff Member

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Jamie's review: Leave me alone, I just dinged!
    Greg's review: Gud. *bang, bang, bang!*
    Ryan's review: Can't sleep. Must play...

Gold! GOLD!

3. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Happy Borderlands 2 Eve!

Sadly, my local EB Games isn't having a midnight launch. The one about an hour and a half away is, but not mine. They are opening an hour early tomorrow, so I can see myself dropped off my boy and heading straight there.

4. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    I am surprised this game warrants a midnight launch, to be honest. I've seen that for entire consoles but it's rare for a game. Goes to show the demand for it.

I am not even sure I'll touch the game much at all until Jamie is able to get his copy.

5. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Moar phat l00tz for me then.

It's really up to the individual store I guess. If they feel there's enough of a demand and they want to play an employee to stick around until 1 or 2 then they can. Sadly Saint John wouldn't a good game if it show them in the face with a bazillion guns.

6. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    I forgot to link the official launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERe3wZdIAtc

Consider it a good thing there isn't a launch party. Imagine how many people you'd want to sucker-punch who are holding the console version...

7. Greg King

Greg King I just kinda show up... Staff Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Indiana
    Got my steam code this morning and I'm pre-loaded, ready to go. :) The 660ti will be installed when I get home from work so bring on the game!

8. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Did Steam pony up the Creature Slaughter Dome as a bonus or is it strictly the Premier Club stuff still?

9. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    What exactly is Slaughter Dome? Is it just like the Moxxi DLC from the first game? If so, I don't think I'm in much of a rush to play it.

10. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Kind of like wave after wave of enemies that could spawn good stuff that you can bring into the main game. There's very little info that I could find quickly and I haven't really checked into it because I want to be surprised.

To be honest I haven't really read into much of anything with the exception of the characters.

http://youtu.be/dtAxV0YnP9Q

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. Tharic-Nar

Tharic-Nar Senior Editor Staff Member Moderator

Nov 25, 2009
    UK
    Because some people may not have seen it yet, but the 'Live Action' Trailer. Yes, I do believe there was no budget for the marketing team.

http://youtu.be/6cLMiaW2ul0

I can't find a decent rip, since it's only on TV commercials at the moment.

Also, I love you guys for holding out for me. Brings a tear to they eyes. *Sniffles* - it's the same type of tear from burning chillies - *sniffles*- oh god it burns... why make me wait and choose between Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2... uhhh, I'm getting garlic in my eyes too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  12. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    I saw the live-action trailer a few times on TV. My wife said that my eyes get big when it comes on.

[​IMG]

13. Optix

Dec 15, 2009
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Bwahahaha! I was out at EB Games at 9am on the dot and there were already 12 people in front of me. Within 5 minutes there were 6 more behind me. I overheard the guy at the counter tell some schmuck console gamer that something happened and they don't have enough Premier keys!

When I got to the counter I asked about it and the guy gave me the scoop but said PC gamers are fine.

That'll teach you to play a FPS on a fucking console!

14. Kayden

Kayden Tech Monkey

Sep 13, 2010
    CA
    LoL. When I went into pre-order the GS guy said he wished more of his friends would play on the PC, I told him he needed to get different friends. Then we went into how PC is better over the console and such, he was a little shocked to hear that I play nothing but PC games and what sort of rig I have. PC Gaming, it's serious in this house! (c;

15. madmat

madmat Soup Nazi

Jun 16, 2005
    No soup for you!
    Definitely need to play it with someone else, I keep getting my backside served up to me on a platter.

And WTF is up with the fact that I can't use the shotgun?

16. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Posted about the launch here:

http://techgage.com/news/borderlands_2_is_out_-_but_you_already_knew_that/

Matt: The fact you find the difficult leads me to believe that the difficulty was amped from the original. There, playing solo was the easiest way to clear through the game (in some ways).

If you can't equip a shotgun it's likely because it's too high of a level for you.

17. madmat

madmat Soup Nazi

Jun 16, 2005
    No soup for you!
    Too high level? Really? I see ten year old kids shooting shotguns and a game maker is going to level a shotgun? That's absurd.

18. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    Not sure if serious.

19. That DLC was more torture than fun ....

20. Rob Williams

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    I agree, that's the problem, heh heh. That style of gameplay just doesn't do a whole lot for me, and it's frustrating when you're doing REALLY well and someone dies and it ends things quick.