The Official "I'm Pumped About Battlefield 3" Thread

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Oh, i has DX11. Was hoping to have a 2nd 6850 but that fell through.

I've been watching these videos at work almost all day and I'm not tired of them yet. I keep trying to pick out subtle things like in the tank battle video when a shell hits the ground. Instead of just an explosion, there's a flash of light followed by a huge plume of dirt with chunks falling and then the smoke comes. Or when the tank is firing into a building in the Frostbite demo. You see the explosions and then the dust and smoke starts to roll out of the bottom floor.

Gah! Clean up in isle 4!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Oh I know your good Optix I was just warning anyone else looking at these vids and thinking that they were DX9. Your right though XFire or SLI would be best for that game, what made that deal fall through if you don't mind me asking.

I miss playing BFBC2 and taking down choppers in an Abrams with the shells, always was a good time. Now the only ppl who play are the ones who get it on sale and think they can solo it, leave when they are getting base rapped and when my friends and I join the points are so far in the hole there no hope, thus we had to quit playing. )c:

Rob your in Canada have Red Green make you a new pair out of a duct tape. (c;

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Well, the 6850 was won in a contest and was supposedly shipped direct from Sapphire but it didn't arrive. They aren't very forthcoming with the status when I asked the contest provider to reach out to them again for an update.

Feel free to add me on Steam (xOptix78) if you fancy some click, click, boom, boom BC2 gaming. A friend and I usually play every night for an hour or so assuming Rob isn't cracking the whip on me to get reviews out or making me shine his shoes.

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Dang Optix that blows bubbles, that's a Duke Nukem reference not a reference to Michael Jackson's monkey bubbles just so were clear (c;

I won a 8800gts card once from SLI zone and missed claiming it by 2 days cause I was on vacation, that made me a little annoyed to say the least. Thus I understand your frustration with that sort red tape, never fun and since it's free you have nothing to fall back on.

I always fancy some bang, bang, squish, squish gamin. I added you through Steam, you should also try raptr it keeps track of all your idents with everyone except for Comrade/Gamespy, would be nice if they just listed it.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Wunderbar. I don't think I'll get into it tonight since I have an article that I -must- clear off my plate tonight but I should be good for an hour or so tomorrow if I can bang out another case review in the morning. :)

Kayden

Tech Monkey
No problem the only thing I have planned is the unexpected. I maybe able to get a few of my other friends to jump in with us so just try to give me a heads up and maybe I can get 1 or 2 more to jump in.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Thanks for the link!

Oh, I think it may. DICE knows that they're in the hot seat with CoD (both IW and Treyarch) being as big as it is and Modern Warfare due to launch the next one in the near future.

What I'm excited about is the co-op game mode! I LOVE co-op gaming. From Borderlands to Diablo III when it comes out, that's my cup of tea. Ripping shit up with some buddies!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Thanks for the link!

Oh, I think it may. DICE knows that they're in the hot seat with CoD (both IW and Treyarch) being as big as it is and Modern Warfare due to launch the next one in the near future.

What I'm excited about is the co-op game mode! I LOVE co-op gaming. From Borderlands to Diablo III when it comes out, that's my cup of tea. Ripping shit up with some buddies!

NP! I think your right they know there in the hot seat for sure. I hope to get into the MP beta, how about you dude?

I love coop as well and BLands defiantly set the bar for fps and hopefully D3 lives up to it's predecessor D2LOD level of fun. Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 tried and failed worse than Fryrix errr Cyrix CPU efforts. Torchlight gave me such hope but then I found out it was SP only and that crushed my hopes.....the sequel is going to have 2 coop so my hope has been rekindled in it, at least the original has a descent pace, gfx, story and random dungeons.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Even if I was able to get a beta invite to test out the multi-player mode, I doubt I'd have enough time to do so. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to do what I want as it is.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I'm planning on getting my second 6870 within a month. Can't wait for this! And Kayden, the clan I'm in, TKC, is all about teamwork in BC2...we hate it when people try to just run n' gun by themselves. That's why we abandoned CoD. We tried to start a Black Ops server when it came out but that bombed. We have one really popular BC2 server (it was ranked 23rd on GameTracker last week) where we play Atacama Desert on Conquest with 500 Tickets 24/7. There's usually a few clan peeps on in the evening time. If you want good teamwork, join that server and get into a squad with a (TKC) member, we're all about teamwork :)

I myself do fly solo sometimes, only when using the recon class. :p

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I'm planning on getting my second 6870 within a month. Can't wait for this! And Kayden, the clan I'm in, TKC, is all about teamwork in BC2...we hate it when people try to just run n' gun by themselves. That's why we abandoned CoD. We tried to start a Black Ops server when it came out but that bombed. We have one really popular BC2 server (it was ranked 23rd on GameTracker last week) where we play Atacama Desert on Conquest with 500 Tickets 24/7. There's usually a few clan peeps on in the evening time. If you want good teamwork, join that server and get into a squad with a (TKC) member, we're all about teamwork :)

I myself do fly solo sometimes, only when using the recon class. :p

Recon has a reason too. Now you could take along a Medic or better yet Assault for ammo if he really doesn't care (sometimes I know I don't) but there has to be a achievable goal for the team. However being a Engineer and running forward with no support in the middle of the road is not how the game is meant to be played. I agree about COD and the team play, there no one wants to play together. I play BO for TDM Crouch Hardcore only and that works out the best because I can go it solo and it isn't super chaos on those super small maps. I am going to see if I can get a few ppl to fire up BFBC2 tonight and see if we can give your server a go, you know how that server list can be not showing certain servers from time to time it can be such a headache but we will give it a good go. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: Also I like to play on hardcore servers is your guys server hardcore? This also defeats the purpose of playing in groups in BO cause you go down like flies if your bunched together.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
No we don't use hardcore..our clan leader hates it as well as most of us. lol. I like it personally, I only use recon when on HC.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Oh well nothing's perfect, explains why I couldn't find it, lol (c;

haha...here's the Gametracker page for our 24/7 Atacama Desert server. Just search "(TKC)" without quotes on the server list and you'll find it. We also have a Mixed Mode Server where we switch between Conquest and Rush on a setlist of maps. That one usually isn't populated a lot of the time. Our main focus is to try to get Atacama up and going by itself so that we don't have to seed it to get it going, then move to getting the Mixed Mode running on its own as well. Oh, btw, we WILL have a BF3 server on day one. :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
haha...here's the Gametracker page for our 24/7 Atacama Desert server. Just search "(TKC)" without quotes on the server list and you'll find it. We also have a Mixed Mode Server where we switch between Conquest and Rush on a setlist of maps. That one usually isn't populated a lot of the time. Our main focus is to try to get Atacama up and going by itself so that we don't have to seed it to get it going, then move to getting the Mixed Mode running on its own as well. Oh, btw, we WILL have a BF3 server on day one. :D

Appreciate the server tracking info. I got a little busy this evening so it will have to happen tomorrow, didn't get any one to bite tonight anyways so it was probably for the best. I was hoping to get a few round in right now but no one is on the server, guess I will have to take my chances tomorrow, when that big burning ball of hydrogen is above the horizon. (c;

I will have BF3 on day one I will be happy to frag with you or frag you which ever it maybe be (c;

Also I couldn't help notice your clan's name there and it got me thinking about an AMV that I watch get my self in the mood for LAN parties or playing online especially a FPS. I think this song is appropriate for you guys Homunculus Tribute -- Andrew WK - Get Ready To Die! What do you think?

EDIT:
Top 5 from E3 2011 – #5 It's looking better every day from E3 that BF3 is going to knock COD out of the king seat. Can I get a HELL YEAH?!?

EDIT #2:
I guess once you pop you just can't stop. I just found another video showing off some MP for BF3, enjoy! Thanks Gamespot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixfn-sV2kvw&feature=feedu

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Andrew WK? That's a name I haven't heard in about 8 years.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ZyhB1-Yb4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>