Skullcandy TiTAN Earbuds

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Well because my last set Skullcandy broke (Aww so sad :() I decided to try and RMA them since they worked one day then the next the left didn't. Well they were a cheapo pair and they were somewhere around 8 months old but they did get an RMA, now keep in mind I got these when the store was closing (Staples I think) so they were on sale for $10. I got $26.96 as a credit for my RMA :eek:. Thanks to that I decided to shoot for a better pair.

The TiTANs or FMJs looked perfect, too bad there were no FMJs in stock that I liked. But I did like the TiTAN Black pair and according to Skullcandy: Precision-cut metal housings encapsulate a sound coming from deep within the TiTAN ear buds that resembles an army of unstoppable warrior giants marching in lockstep to the beat of your music to purge the earth of dinosaurs, woolly mammoths, saber-tooth tigers, yetis, and Klingons.

I also got $4 off thanks to the coupon "Coconutmilk" which gives 15% off so with 2 day shipping they came up to $16.96, I will update with more info and pics as soon as they get here. :D

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Well they finally arrived and they are AWESOME, I cant believe how much better they sound. The reason they took so long to get here was because Fedex, EVEN THOUGH I ORDERED 2 DAY SHIPPING decided to ship them in technically 4 days since they were shipped out the 20th but if you don't include Sunday 3 days and they have been in the city at their local facility since Aug 22, 2010 7:34 AM so there was no reason they should have kept them there Monday. Anyways I hate FedEx in case anyone missed it but the headphones rock and I will update with pics as soon as I find that dang camera.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Nice, nice. While I can't say that earbuds particularly appeal to me since I need a headset for most of my gaming I am in the market for a set for my mp3 player. I'll keep them in mind.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I've had a set of these for a few months now and I love them. The thick cables and the solid feeling buds give them an air of quality, even though they cost so little. I still use cans for gaming but these are perfect to plug into the Zune and go mow the grass.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Skullcandy has been making quite the name for themselves in recent years. Greg, remember when we were talking to them at CES one year and the rep talked about hiding weed in the hidden compartment?

Glad your enjoying the new buds, DarkStarr. The price you paid for is worth it if they are impressing you that much :D

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Skullcandy has been making quite the name for themselves in recent years. Greg, remember when we were talking to them at CES one year and the rep talked about hiding weed in the hidden compartment?

Que the SNL jokes in 3... 2... 1... GO!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I cannot get used to wearing earbuds. They aggravate my ears after a short time no matter how I try them.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I cannot get used to wearing earbuds. They aggravate my ears after a short time no matter how I try them.

I'm the same way with the Apple style of ear buds but these, the skullcandies, that are in the ear canal type of buds are actually quite comfortable, IMO, and do a decent enough job keeping outside noise at bay. That said, I'm certain that not everybody shares my outlook.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I hate apple style headphones, more commonly known as Earbuds but I love the In-Ear Buds. They block sound very well and sound better as well as they are much more comfortable (for me).

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
in-ear buds are WAY more comfortable than apple buds. I have a pair of Skullcandy myself (my girlfriend got them for me :D) and they are AMAZING. :D

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Ok finally found the camera, these have a gold plated connector which is nice:

100_3987.jpg

and the buds are aluminum and have a strange type of cabling but I do like it.

100_3988.jpg

It also comes with a nice carrying case :D

100_3986.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I LOVE the cabling on those things. Looks so much better than the usual solid-color plastic.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Yea they do and I was very surprised when I got them since they actually MATCH my iPod Nano 4th gen PERFECTLY.

madtechnical

Obliviot
Wow, those look awesome in comparison to the standard solid color Skull Candy buds. Can those only be purchased online or would I be able to find them at a local store? Are there any other coupons available, I much rather enjoy saving money

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
...just because

Wow, those look awesome in comparison to the standard solid color Skull Candy buds. Can those only be purchased online or would I be able to find them at a local store? Are there any other coupons available, I much rather enjoy saving money

Hey everybody! madtechnical enjoys saving money!