Show off your desktop!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Imageshack makes it tough. You have to view the full image within the website itself, then right-click and "View Image" to view the picture by its lonesome. That URL can be put inside the IMG tags.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Here are a couple from me. Because I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 as much as possible for the next couple of weeks, I have three OSes on the go!

Ubuntu Desktop.jpg

Gentoo Desktop.jpg

Windows Desktop.jpg

eunoia

Partition Master
Imageshack makes it tough. You have to view the full image within the website itself, then right-click and "View Image" to view the picture by its lonesome. That URL can be put inside the IMG tags.

Thanks, I probably could have figured that out if not for the date and time of the capture and post. :D

marfig

No ROM battery
My Arch box, running i3 WM:

Click the thumbnails for larger image.

Clean:

Busy:

Busy:

These are the same shots I took last August. Nothing changed, and nothing will for a very long time. I like to keep my desktops for years, if I can. My Windows wallpaper (If I may call it such) as been the same for 5 years now.

Speaking of which, no need to show that one. Windows is my de facto working machine (Linux is a learning and code porting machine). As such, I don't beautify it much.

It's a dark blueish/grayish color (#30414e). In fact, one of the things that appealed to me about TG was the logo that shares my windows background tone more coincidentally, my own webpage (http://www.quiettech.org)

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I don't have a particular favorite background, I have an alternating background myself and I get many of them from here.

http://www.desktopwallpaperspace.com/other/something-in-space-res6061-1920x1080.html

The others are from other Sci-Fi shows, Fantasy, Games or what ever abstract art that I find that I like. I am thinking about using a program to change my Aero color with the background as well, I was going to give that a go with the monitor upgrade so I could appreciate the background and colors more, only one monitor right can't really appreciate what it would be set to. /c:

Dav66id77

Obliviot
No nudity? Waaaaaaaaaaaa....oh, wait....my current (underline current) desktop features no nudity.

What about partial nudity?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Nope, it is a few months old.

One of my best friend's is much like this... hasn't configured a single thing as far as I'm aware in his OS X installation. He might have even changed the background color to a flat color :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A fresh OS install calls for a fresh screenshot.

Jan_2013_Desktop.jpg

Still have a lot to install or else I'd show the Start screen.