My newest mod... BOSS : FX-57

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Completed last night, for the CoolerMaster case mod competition.
:)

CM_Final7.jpg

CM_Final13.jpg

CM_Final16.jpg

More later!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
As always, that is a pimp mod man. I am now an admirer of your work! Can't wait for more pictures bro, leep it up!

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
The top "hood scoop" is actually a cover for the 80mm blow hole fan in the top center of the computer.

When the lights are out, there is a bitchen white glow that comes out of the scoop!

Kinda reminds me of "Christine", that old Stephen King movie about the possesed car? ;)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
CM_Final10.jpg

Did not want to cause the paint to run firing it down the throat of the scoop, so it is a bit light in this front shot.

:)

Enjoy!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Man, that's gorgeous. I am not even into orange that much usually, but it works with that case so well. How exactly did you make that roof scoop?

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Used paper as a mock up, then put that on to sheet aluminium to cut the template piece. After i Had the aluminium shaped, I covered it in "great Stuff" aersol insulation. After that cured, I could cut it/shape it into the general shape.

2 layers of fiberglass later, I sanded it and then used bondo to bring up the low spots.

Glaxing putty after than, 2 coats of high fill primer, then color!

Voila! You have a scoop!
;)

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Not sure if Id go with a christine comparison or an old chevy camero. The entire thing reminds me of a car though.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
madstork91 said:
Not sure if Id go with a christine comparison or an old chevy camero. The entire thing reminds me of a car though.

Good! It should remind you of a 1967 BOSS 302 Mustang! ;)
That was where the whole inspiration came from!
:D

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That was my first reaction. "OMG a Boss 302 schemed pc" That definitely DEFINITELY is an awesome case! I like the stripes and window, that cooler is a nice touch too. Love the carburator design! The front grill is just sweet man. Great work!

noonie

Obliviot
Tech-Daddy said:
Good! It should remind you of a 1967 BOSS 302 Mustang! ;)
That was where the whole inspiration came from!
:D

Ran accross your mod. Looks great, knew what it was supposed to resemble immediately.
Upon reading further in this thread, I am confused and interested about the 1967 part. I thought that the original bosses were only made in 69 and 70, although I had a funky boss2 in 78 or so.
BTW, I used to have a yellow 69. If I would have known that they would have increased their value so much, I never would have gotten rid of it.

You may be familiar with this link http://www.boss302.com/buying.htm

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
noonie said:
Ran accross your mod. Looks great, knew what it was supposed to resemble immediately.
Upon reading further in this thread, I am confused and interested about the 1967 part. I thought that the original bosses were only made in 69 and 70, although I had a funky boss2 in 78 or so.
BTW, I used to have a yellow 69. If I would have known that they would have increased their value so much, I never would have gotten rid of it.

You may be familiar with this link http://www.boss302.com/buying.htm

Excellent point! I may have been mistaken! I pulled a picture off of a website, and it was titles as 1967, and I assumed that the picture was accurate. Looks to be a 69 then!

Thank you for the link! I have a bt of correction to do!
;)

Glad you like the rig too!

(Edit: Spot on bro, thanks!
http://home.pon.net/hunnicutt/history_69_73.htm )

Last edited:

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Yeah the Boss Mustangs only ran between 1969 and 71 offering the 302 351 and 429. The overall best performer of the 3 was the Boss 302. They were fitted with either a shaker or regular hoodscoop. The case is undeniably a great tribute and the color combo is pretty much stock what you could get for the models. My personal favorite is the 69 Mustang body style, but there's not too big a difference between it and the 68's. I'm a Mustang enthusist, I guess.

A man who lives in my neighborhood has a 69 convertible sitting under a barn roof and 2. I've watched it sit there for the last 8 years. I'm hoping to possibly buy it from him and make it a side project. Beautiful cars.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
I am very happy that a Stang enthusiast finds my mod a accurate and good tribute to the 302!

That is an awesome compliment that is going to stick with me for months now!
Thank you!