Movies Thread!!

marfig

No ROM battery
I have talked to a lot of people who have loved this movie. I just couldn't get into it. I don't regret watching it but I wouldn't watch it again.

I came to it with some bias because of the raving scores it got a little everywhere. I think direction and acting was top notch. But the writing was frankly not something I'd recommend.

SPOILER ALERT!
The story started with a lot of potential and for a moment I thought I'd be seeing some noir and intelligent action/drama flick. But soon enough I was watching some sort of super hero movie about a car super driver that incomprehensibly no one ever heard about before and that also happens to kick everyone's ass in a superman fashion.

I too was unimpressed and ended up looking at it as just another action movie. Not badly done. Just not something worth revisiting.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Watched The Hunger Games last Sunday, very nice movie! Watch it if u get the chance! :D

Next up, Wrath of the Titans! Though its getting alot of negative reviews by both critics and users! :(

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hmm, nobody here watches movies on the Beeegg screen or what?!? :D

Well I watched Dredd last night and I would definitely highly recommend it to u bloody action loving fans! :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
My movies lately have consisted of Thomas And Friends. The glamorous life of a Dad. ;)

madmat

Soup Nazi
I watch them after I can get them on TV or Amazon Prime. I watched the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo with Daniel Craig on Starz a while back and found the original Swedish version (dubbed) on prime along with the sequels. While the newer version is more polished, the original version and the sequels are pretty damn good too.

I also watched Thor recently which was pretty good too. Not as good as Captain America IMO but it had some good parts. Iron Man 2 was excellent, but another of RDJR's vehicles, the sequel to Sherlock Holmes, wasn't quite as good. It was certainly entertaining but felt almost too polished, the first movie has a more raw feel to it, grittier.

Anyway, as most of the stuff I watch is dated I won't bore you with more details.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Lol! Well, Avengers was awesome! Did u guys see it?!? :cool:

And The Dark Knight Rises?!? I mean thats a movies every batman fan or non fan should see right!! :D

marfig

No ROM battery
Doomsday, I swear man, I'd go out with you for any night of heavy drinking, girls and general fun. But I would never go out to the movies with you.

Good grief!

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
I cant even count the movies I have seen lol Most recent "newish" ones were MIB3 and Prometheus. I still have several to watch.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've been watching mostly sport and documentaries lately, sometimes sports documentaries, but the last movie I saw was Safe with Jason Statham:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1656190/

He's a great actor, but his movies sure are hit or miss. This one was fairly good though. Don't think I'd watch it a second time, just not that exciting throughout.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Hm, MiB 3 was the last good one I saw. Avengers before that was definitely a good popcorn flick. Heard nothing but bad things for Prometheus so skipped that one... I really hate films that completely ignore reality in favor of theatrics and drama.

Battleship was interesting... on one hand they went overboard in throwing physics and reality over the side (that anchor scene was just the most blatant). And Vets just happening to have shells + powder bags laying around for the cannons was taking some huge creative liberties they didn't even try to explain... but how they shaped the movie around the actual WWII battleship veterans (and Iraq vet starring as himself) making them the focus of the film redeemed it greatly.

Just saw a preview for Lincoln (not the vampire hunter one), how's that looking?

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Hm, MiB 3 was the last good one I saw. Avengers before that was definitely a good popcorn flick. Heard nothing but bad things for Prometheus so skipped that one... I really hate films that completely ignore reality in favor of theatrics and drama.

Battleship was interesting... on one hand they went overboard in throwing physics and reality over the side (that anchor scene was just the most blatant). And Vets just happening to have shells + powder bags laying around for the cannons was taking some huge creative liberties they didn't even try to explain... but how they shaped the movie around the actual WWII battleship veterans (and Iraq vet starring as himself) making them the focus of the film redeemed it greatly.

Just saw a preview for Lincoln (not the vampire hunter one), how's that looking?

Yea Prometheus was actually not bad. Not the best but a hell of a lot better than the crap they call "Paranormal Activity" Battleship was good lol Not entirely sure how they call it battleship since its NOTHING like the game except like one part of the movie. But overall not bad. I have seen some stuff for the lincoln movie but not much besides a few commercials.

I still have Chernobyl Diaries, Lockout, MI Ghost Protocol (I guess, I don't care too much about that one), That's My Boy, The Raven, and The Expendables 2 to watch. Anyways most of those seem like they should be good.