Me PC!!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Just installed the V6 GT and did some cable management!!

Attachments

• 19042011059.jpg
    19042011059.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 523
  • 19042011047.jpg
    19042011047.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 525

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Here be some more! :D Beautiful!! Hehehee! :p

Attachments

• 19042011058.jpg
    19042011058.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 488
  • 19042011057.jpg
    19042011057.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 19042011052.jpg
    19042011052.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 2,073
  • 19042011054.jpg
    19042011054.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 2,103
  • 19042011050.jpg
    19042011050.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 2,145

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
the distance between the cooler and the ram is like, just a millimeter! Phew! William rightly stated in his review that it was more effort than we would like to install this thing! All said and done, looks good and performs good!

Ambient temps are: 31C - 34C
Core temps are: 38C - 41C Idle and 49C - 51C Load!

Next up, Overclocking! :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Dude that looks GREAT. I'm impressed by how clean you keep the inside of your PC, mine is so full of dust most of the time :(

Nice work!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Dude that looks GREAT. I'm impressed by how clean you keep the inside of your PC, mine is so full of dust most of the time :(

Nice work!
Thanx man! A friend has an electric blower which takes care of the dust! Though the amount of dust blowing out is just, well its a lot! lol! :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanx man! A friend has an electric blower which takes care of the dust! Though the amount of dust blowing out is just, well its a lot! lol! :D

That is a great idea. I use canned air when I need it, but the stuff is so expensive and doesn't last long enough for me to do an effective enough job, heh.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
You also have carpeting and a cat so dust and junk comes with the territory. I use an electric air mattress pump on reverse. Normally it's used to deflate the mattress but for me, it cleans out mah dusties!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I want an AM3+ Sabertooth board :p The TUF armor stuff looks wicked.
When i went to the store i was gonna buy the Asus P8P67 Pro but it was out of stock and I would have had to wait for a week or so, so I bought this, no regrets, lol!

Though i do have a problem, its B2 revision, not B3! The Asus website says i can update to B3 but i have downloaded their latest BIOS update and still the BIOS shows B2 revision! :(
Any ideas?!? :confused:

PS: I'm only using the 6Gs though!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
The BIOS update only allows B3 revisions to appear as B3, since they were being incorrectly displayed as B2, it does not upgrade a B2 to a B3 (the chipset errata is hardware based, can not be fixed via software). I have the same board and the same BIOS, still displays a B2 revision. Just use one of the 4 SATA 6gbps connectors (Intel or Marvel, grey/white ports) instead of the SATA 3gbps ports (Black). There's nothing to worry about. And yes, SATA 3gbps drives will work on SATA 6gbps.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
The BIOS update only allows B3 revisions to appear as B3, since they were being incorrectly displayed as B2, it does not upgrade a B2 to a B3 (the chipset errata is hardware based, can not be fixed via software). I have the same board and the same BIOS, still displays a B2 revision. Just use one of the 4 SATA 6gbps connectors (Intel or Marvel, grey/white ports) instead of the SATA 3gbps ports (Black). There's nothing to worry about. And yes, SATA 3gbps drives will work on SATA 6gbps.

yups, me only using the 6G Satas! Is it ok if i run my optical drive on the 3G Sata?!? the problem be only for hdds and ssds right?!

That's a seriously beautiful build. Very nice job.

Thank u! :D

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
yups, me only using the 6G Satas! Is it ok if i run my optical drive on the 3G Sata?!? the problem be only for hdds and ssds right?!

Thank u! :D

Anything that uses the SATA 3Gb/s port can potentially be affected. If you ever wish or will need to use the SATA 3Gb/s ports then you may wish to consider RMA'ing for a revised B3 hardware board.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Well i just bought an Intel 80GB 320 series SSD as my primary drive!! :D

Sold my 1TB, 640GB, 320GB and 250GB HDDs and bought a Seagate 2TB Green HDD!
Now i have an 80GB SSD, 1TB Caviar Black and a 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green HDD!
3 slots for the 6GB/s and 1 for the DVD-RW Drive! That will fill my four 6GB Sata slots and wont have to use the 3GB Sata slots! :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
You have more storage in that system now than most companies used to have 10 years ago. You'll noticed an immediate difference, Doomsday. Enjoy!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Nice Dooms! Glad to hear your happy with it! I still haven't filled up my 2tb, for me that's saying a lot. I guess I need more music (c;

My 1tb is for Steam games now and It's usually 75% full.