Jaw-Dropping: Google Lets Us Peer Into its Datacenters

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Interested in being blown away? Good, Google's got you covered. The company has just launched a new website that let's us peer into its various datacenters, and as you might imagine, some of them are a sight to behold. Seriously - I was left speechless with a few pictures as the scale and intensity is simply hard to fathom. These datacenters are massive, complex, and have aesthetics perfectly-suited for the geek.

google_datacenter_101712.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Thanks for this, Rob. I would have completely missed it.

My jaw hit the floor looking at the backup infrastructure. I know that the one that we use at Q9 in Ontario is pretty beefy, but this is beyond anything they have.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree all-around. I normally don't use tech-stuff as a desktop wallpaper, but some of these were too good to ignore, haha. Seriously, some of them look like they were pulled from a Hollywood movie.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I can only imagine!

Also, I'd have to imagine that your basement looks much like the OP picture, Glider ;-)

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
Some of these pictures have been tweaked in a rather substantial way... for example, shot 15 is mirrored horizontally...there are a few that are like that...

Google, y u photoshop so bad?!

madmat

Soup Nazi
The one where they mirrored the line of server racks could be something as simple as the racks being opposite a wall. I can't blame them for not wanting to show a wall or possibly the tangled wires from the rear of an adjacent line of servers. It's PR shots, might as well make it purdy.