Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz - Wolfdale Arrives

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Finally 400 FSB

the limit on the mobo is 2500, so I took it to 1600 and got the 400 FSB...I had to unlink it again for some reason, being it was linked, was not letting me OC

Merlin

Last edited:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I've always had better luck unlinking the memory and OC'ing the CPU first and then going back and doing the memory "AFTER" the CPU OC is stable, that's the great thing with Nvidia chipsets.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Same here... unlinking is best. It could be that your memory was being overclocked and you didn't realize it.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
E8400 available ( combo deal )

Man, I wish I had seen this before.
Micro Center has a combo deal ( CPU and Mobo )
for 319.99.
Some cheapo board, but it has an E 8400 on it.
If I saw this I would have saved a few bucks.

I didn't see it on the online store, just locally.
But, Hey 319.99 for an E8400...why not.

Merlin

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I'd really like to see some OC results on the E3110's, you would think that they OC much better due to their lower overall VID................;)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yup, it's an insanely great price. I'd pick one up to see how far it can be pushed, but I still believe my overall FSB cap with the E8400 held that one back as is.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Wish I had some stuff to sell so I could get something new to play around with OC'ing, my E6750 is really pretty boring with its FSB wall.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Yeah, it is hard to say no when you know those chips will take you to the moon. To quote a commercial, "Overclocking is a nicotine addiction." :D

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
It does OK I guess, but I'm sure I could do much much better with one of the newer cores.

My E6750 will not go past 465 FSB (3.7 GHz ish) regardless of what I do.............:(

I've tried it on a 650i, 680i and now a P35 board, it stops clocking at exactly the same point on all 3 boards even with the multi dropped.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Thanks.............:)

I guess I'm just getting the bug for a new CPU with better OC'ing I guess. That happens with me at times after I've reached the end of what a chip can do,

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Thanks.............:)

I guess I'm just getting the bug for a new CPU with better OC'ing I guess. That happens with me at times after I've reached the end of what a chip can do,
LOL...in ohter words the party is over and time for a change.
We all seem to be like that.