Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR400) 1GB Kit

abracadabra

Obliviot
True i think i would try oc it anyway lol. yyeah i tried divx and medai player which made me think it was the divx codec at first. I guess ill have to watch a bunch of movies with the system stock and hope it pauses and starts aswell

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Did you try re-installing the Divx Codec? Or see if there is a new version available?

It could also be your video drivers.. I've seen that happen before.

abracadabra

Obliviot
Well im cying about nothing. I defragmented my two paartitions and now my movies play smoother than ever ( im used to linux ). I am really apprechiating your help rob. I do however get a bios beep at the login screen when i boot up sometimes. I ve checked codes but one beep for pheonix bios doesnt exist!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You guys are nuts! I never plug my PC speaker in :D

Mine would beep at start up as well though, definitely nothing to worry about. It's just letting you know that you made your computer through POST.

abracadabra

Obliviot
Well not a crash yet! Although 1 in 6 boot ups of the machine take a long time, my hdd stops for a few minsa then starts again!.

I have a question about RAM if anyone can help me.

I would like to add more RAM to my machine. I currently have 2x512 in dual channel. Can i add 2x1024 to make 3GB of RAM and still keep ddr500 and same timings (assuming i buy more ballistix that is)?

Blumen

Coastermaker
Hate to dig up a dead thread, but here's a question:

I have Ballistix pc4000 running on my NF7-S at 10x200. I can boot into windows at 9x222 no problems, but at 2.5-4-4-9, only. I was expecting a bit higher fsb window than that... Is there any known problems with NF2 boards and not liking fsbs higher than 220? I'm trying to look for modded bios, one that may help for higher fsb. I'm shooting for 10x250, i know it can hit the overall clock speed of that already. (13x200)

(cf)Eclipse

Micron Lover
drop the memory divider a notch or two to see where the FSB tops out on your mobo. i was able to get 235mhz (mobo limit) at 2.5-2-2 with my pc3200 ballistix.

Blumen

Coastermaker
Thanks a lot. I'm going to do a lot more research and beating on this rig tomorrow, it's my day off, so i'll let you guys know how it goes. I know people have had this mobo at 10x250, so the mobo limit isn't really an issue... it's just getting it to like running those clocks.

avidgamer

Obliviot
Settings for DFI UT SLI-D Motherboard?

Hi all,

I've been reading the posts and I've had a similar issue with my ram and a DFI motherboard. I spent almost 6 hours trying to configure the crusial ballistix RAM to work with this MB.

I managed to get it stable after some time, but what I would really like to know is what are the 'ideal' settings for my system.

Here is what I have.

1gb of crucial ballistix 3200 RAM.
DFI nf4 UT SLI-D motherboard
AMD Athlon X2 4200+ Dual Core CPU
BFG 7900 GTX 512MB Video
Ultra X2-Connect 550W PSU

I can't seem to find stable settings above 200MHz ram speeds. And the bios for this motherboard is very complicated....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!:D

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Are you using the orange ram slots? I wasn't able to get my OCZ 10Mhz above stock in the yellow slots, no matter the settings. Using the orange slots I was able to get them to 250Mhz.

C

Chandler

Random Question for Rob

I don't know too much about computers in general. But i am looking at getting a computer with a 2.67GHz Dual Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 processor. I was wondering if you would have an idea of what timings and what volts I should use? If that question doesn't make any sense then just ignore it.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That's a sexy and very great performing cpu. I'm not sure on the timings or voltage, but I'm sure Rob could help you out. I've seen a 6700 go 3.6Ghz on air. For overclocking you'll need some good ram. If you want to overclock that is. Then you can talk about voltages, timings, fsb, etc.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It really depends on what ram you have...and whether it's performance or not. Here's what I would consider -good- ram settings/timings. If you have value ram, it may not be able to do this... but if you have any ram in the $300 range it should do well up until the last setting. You would want -good- ram for DDR2-1100.

PC2-5400 (DDR2-667) - 3-3-3-8 - 2.0v
PC2-6400 (DDR2-800)- 4-4-4-12 - 1.9v
PC2-7200 (DDR2-900) - 4-4-4-12 - 2.1v
PC2-8000 (DDR2-1000) - 4-4-4-12 - 2.4v
PC2-8000 (DDR2-1000) - 5-5-5-15 - 2.2v - 2.3v
PC2-8800 (DDR2-1100) - 5-5-5-15 - 2.5v

If you need advice for ram... throw a price range at us and we can figure something out easily enough.