The *Official* I'm Pumped For Borderlands 2 Thread AKA Here's My Wallet, Randy!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Think I find the simulated cloth and tearing more impressive than debris physics. The water effects are rather bad, looks like coloured mercury. Still, it does add some nuance to the style. At least the particle physics isn't as excessive as Sacred 2 - but then again, this is nearly 4 years later...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
The water is the low point but still, the rest give it's that little extra, at least I wasn't, expecting.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Not much we can do about that, but I should be ready to roll for the 18th. My work schedule is going to change so I'm not sure what that'll mean for gaming.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
And pre-ordered! I had to do it through Gamestop to ensure I could the pre-order in on time. I decided since I was there to get Guild Wars 2 I would get it there for the extra content and because I don't I have a debit card for my account in my name yet, I have it for Seana but not me so Steam wouldn't take it and with how my luck is going I wasn't going to take any chances of not getting the Premier Club for free.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Glad to hear you'll be ripping up Pandora with the rest of us.

It looks like Gearbox is giving us a break on all future DLCs.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Borderlands-2-Season-Pass-Gives-You-Four-DLC-Campaigns-46377.html

This probably isn't something that I'm going to take advantage of, although I like the idea of saving $10. It'll be hard to justify spending extra money on a game that just came out since my wife isn't hip to the jive when it comes to PC gaming.

At least I'm confident that the money I do spend on DLCs will be worth it. Dr. Ned and his zombies, Knoxx and his phat l00tz and pounding away on Claptraps have all been a blast and I still haven't finished Moxxi's yet.

If anybody wants to try to knock out Moxxi's on play through 2.5, let me know.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Gonna pick up some adult diapers so I don't have to leave the office. :)

Oh man *slaps head* :D

I decided since I was there to get Guild Wars 2

For a guy that claims to not care much for MMOs, you sure do play a lot of them :p

It looks like Gearbox is giving us a break on all future DLCs.

Hmm, I guess it's fine if you want the up-front fee, but I'm with you in it not being super-compelling. And I couldn't agree more about the DLC being worth it anyway, if it's anywhere on par with the original game.

If anybody wants to try to knock out Moxxi's on play through 2.5, let me know.

Will have to sync up for this soon. Really not a big fan of that DLC to be honest, but bugs me that I've never completed it. Brother would probably be up for it also.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
For a guy that claims to not care much for MMOs, you sure do play a lot of them :p

I don't like subscription MMO's because they never really hold my attention for very long. The last MMO I paid a sub for was SWTOR that sadly didn't hold my attention either. The one before that was STO 2010 but that was six months after release and I got it for half off on the CE but never subbed and the one before that I think it was 2008 WoW Wrath of the Lich King and before that City of Heroes, they didn't last more then 2 months being subbed for.

I liked Guild Wars, hell I played that for 6 months and what ever time I spent playing the expansions. Guild Wars 2 I've been looking forward cause there is no sub after purchase, I am however not a fan of this new transaction system they have in place. If this turns into pay to way I'm out!

The moral of the story is that I will try almost any game as long as there isn't a sub attached to it. Did you think I got all those games because I liked the box art? (c;

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Does any one know if the Gamestop's exclusive Creature Slaughter Dome will be available for every one else to join if the host has it or is it limited to only those who have own it?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If I had to guess, those who don't have the DLC themselves will not be able to join someone else who does. I can't imagine it'll be long before others can purchase it as DLC, as much as that kind of sucks.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I think Optix and I are the only ones who are going to have it at launch. It would suck if we couldn't play it with our friends!