Has Blizzard sold its soul to the Devil Diablo!!

marfig

No ROM battery
You and I, friend. You and I...

Just another confirmation of what I always say: No need to get all fired up and barrack for gaming companies as if them and the people within were some kind godlike figures worth our adoration. They sell you a product and you pay money for that product. That's the extent of my relationship with them. When they can, when they want, they will fuck up with my consumer rights and I'll be looking like a fool for in the past having hollered like a maniac for them.

marfig

No ROM battery
BTW, as I've been reading more on the subject I also learned that D3 will not allow mods. Of any kind.

This is very bad news. Not so much because I care about mods (more often than not i'm not much into it). But because this means hacking the stash/inventory size will probably be very difficult or even entirely impossible. And we all know what these companies do with inventory/stashes; they always make them absurdly small.

Now, D2 was one of my favorite games of all times. One of the most inviting things for me was the appeal to collecting items; which I did, since I'm a hopeless collector. Hacks allowed me this. Blizzard never did it. It was only through 3rd party mule programs that I was actually able to enjoy this game for more than 10 years after release.

Because savegames will be online and no mods will be allowed, this is going to become quite possibly one very frustrating single-player experience. Because I don't plan for one second to go online and meet the horror that is Battle.net community, it's quite possible that D3 -- that has been one of my most anticipated games in the past decade -- will not find its way to my computer.

And who do I have to thank for that? Not some online troll ruining my fun, not my wife ordering me to stop playing games, not a car crash sending me to hospital... Blizzard, the company that actually makes the game is the one actively making it so single-players don't want to play this game.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
You and I, friend. You and I...

Just another confirmation of what I always say: No need to get all fired up and barrack for gaming companies as if them and the people within were some kind godlike figures worth our adoration. They sell you a product and you pay money for that product. That's the extent of my relationship with them. When they can, when they want, they will fuck up with my consumer rights and I'll be looking like a fool for in the past having hollered like a maniac for them.

I'll have to engrave these words in my mind! Only way to stay calm with news like these! :eek:

oh Yeah! No Moding, WTF Blizzard!!!!!!! :mad:

Aal iz well, Aal iz well!! :rolleyes:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
*shrug*

I wouldn't play it for the offline mode anyway since I already have a band of misfits ready to chop stuff up with me and I don't do mods.

This won't affect me in the least unless my interwebz goes belly up. If it does, I have bigger problems then to cross Blizzard off my Christmas card list.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I will just get Torchlight 2 to fill that MP ARPG need, D3 just blew it for me with the real money (which I have none of anyways) auction house and the no offline SP.

Honestly I don't care what their reasons are for no offline SP but the inet goes out for some gamers, usually do to in climate weather so nothing they can do about it, but they want to screw over or lan parties (yes they still happen)?!?

I know a few people who are still going to buy it because they don't care they are online anyways but honestly if this game does well. it will convince other game companies to do the same and it will become the norm and I can not agree with that not even a little bit for SINGLE player games. If they want D3 or these other games to be MMO's market and make them as such, not a SP experience with MMO restrictions.

marfig

No ROM battery
I'm very tempted at not buying. But then again D3 is indeed one of those games I've been waiting so long I can almost taste it. Really divided here. It angers me being put in this position by a company I used to trust and of which I never missed a game since Vikings (WoW being the exception).

Maybe if Optix there endorses a invitation to join his gang, I may not be so eery of going B.Net (possibly the most belligerent game community of them all) and I may have a future in D3 gaming.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
Gaming on old Windows 95! And I thought it was a great operating system. Actually, Linux was pretty far ahead of Windows in those days. The gap has narrowed since, in my oh-so-humble opinion.

Glider

Coastermaker
I don't see the problem... I am connected all the time anyway... If this is a method of keeping cheaters off, bring it on!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I don't see the problem... I am connected all the time anyway... If this is a method of keeping cheaters off, bring it on!

Okay just because your connected all the time doesn't mean every one else is. A perfect example of this is DSL users they get disconnected all the time, this is because of rain, modem issues, minor isp not keeping up with customer demand, latency issues and etc. I don't care if I'm Fiber, I know how problematic isp's large or small can be especially with DSL and this isn't fair to them or how about gamers in the Military who are deployed and not able to access the inet? Do you think they should be screwed because they are defending us? I sure as hell don't.

This may have been an idea to stop cheaters but honestly they can do what they did for Diablo 2 have one online char that you have to play through Battle.net and one for SP only that can't be made public but can be played with local MP. There is no reason to screw over your customers like that none.

Just to say your always connected doesn't mean that every one else is, it's short sighted and honestly it is selfish for Blizzard to assume every one has it easy as they do in the big city. Seriously if they do this and succeed, other studios will do it and offline SP will be a thing of the past because they are greedy. Forcing you to use their services online all the time for their benefit, what that is specifically I don't know but I will guarantee they get money the more time you are on their services. It's a fing MMO not a SP game end of story.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie

Its the end of Single Player as we know it! :eek:

As for cheaters, that should be restricted to online characters, if i want to use a trainer to have some more fun, I dont want Blizzass getting in my way! :D