Has Blizzard sold its soul to the Devil Diablo!!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Okay, so my inet was out for the past 5 days :eek: and if I wanted to play this game for SP I would have been screwed. I know this thread has been dead for a little while now but honestly, this was one of those times requiring inet would have effected me directly, and in a way it did. I wanted to play GTA4 but for some unknown reason it wanted to authenticate again, yes I went on to play something else but my point is that the game forgot even that! Finding ways to prevent pirating is commendable but things like that are reason why it's not needed.

That truly sux man!

marfig

No ROM battery
Wow! (no pun intended) They really are desperate to keep WoW going. What's the matter Blizzard? Your chicken with the golden eggs is dying? Oh poor, poor, poor boy.

Thanks for the heads-up Doomsday! Hope it benefits someone in here. I'm just watching WoW losing all its spark and wondering what impact this is going to have on Diablo III, being that the game was promised to have full single-player features.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's either like getting DIII for free or 6 months of game time - either way you look at it, that's quite a deal. I do wonder the same about the future of WoW though. A lot of people have moved to Rift and seem to be liking it. Almost have to wonder if Blizzard has a WoW 2 in the oven.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
hahahahahah online only is a joke, most can be server patched like CNC Tiberium Twilight so therefore there is (hope of) SP, lan AFAIK is a pain to attempt let alone get working 100%.

Anyways pretty funny on all the millions lost bit, I fail to see the millions lost if say for example I wasn't going to buy... say COD MW3 because I don't have money for it but I download it for free. If anything, that makes me MORE likely to buy it if I decide its good, if not then oh well I didn't lose anything and the devs behind the game get nothing either way.

I mean how can they "lose" a sale if I wasn't buying the game to begin with?

Last edited: