WOO HOOO! One of my favorite movies of all time... finally has a sequal!!!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Oh YEaaaaa Have to see this one.
I even played the arcade game, hardly won but it was fun

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh wow, this is rather big news. Tron was one of the best movies ever made, for too many reasons to even recollect. The video quality there is ridiculous, but the trailer itself looks amazing.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I haven't watched it but it is on my list of things to do if I ever find free time. Thanks for the reminder and the renewed excitment to watch the original.

Jen McPherson

Resident Artist Nerd
I saw the trailer for this a while ago, but was unsure of the actual release date. It sure looks awesome though. :D

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
It briefly flashes the date at the end of the trailer. 12/17/2010 So the end of the year, long wait then, and thats probably for the imax release only, and there may be other delays, etc, etc, pinch of salt, you know the drill with long dates.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow, that IS a long wait, haha!

It did look like there was a huge focus on IMAX, so you might be right Tharic. I don't plan on seeing it in the theaters simply because I don't care for them, so I'll just wait for the Blu-ray release.

crowTrobot

E.M.I.
Looks like they thankfully dropped the stupid "TR2N" title (How do you even pronounce that?) and went with Tron: Legacy.

Will definitely watch for Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde (HOT!)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Found out yesterday that the "young flynn" orange/yellow program, is confirmed... CLU!

Not sure if you remember CLU was Flynn's hacking program that the MCP de-rezzed early in the movie.

Nobody knows if CLU is for or against Flynn yet. And because I am *such* a freak for this series and cannot stop thinking about it, I think I have a one of hte major plot lines figured out. Mark my words, all is not as it seems in the preview! ;) I wont say any more as I dont want to ruin it for anyone.

PM me if you want to geek out a bit on the movie... I Have the original movie on DVD and my son and I have watched it MANY, many times.... he is equally as excited about this.
:)