Windows 8 RTM - Get Ready for October Release

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
It feels like only last year when we were all basking in the glory of the Windows 7 release, but no, three years on, we're here again but singing a different tune. Windows 8 and its Metro'fication has been Released to Manufacture (RTM), with build number 9200. This is stage one of the official build-up to a retail release of the new operating system by Microsoft.

windows_8_official_logo_022012.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I don't wanna! Seriously this is going to be as bad as Vista as far as adoption rates goes, if not WinME. I can see it for tablet but not desktop, I mean wtf are they smoking? They need to share that info if they want every one on board with it!

MacMan

Partition Master
I'm not sure about Metro on the PC side? Maybe on the tablet side, but boy, oh boy do I ever love using it for mail (the new Outlook), and, as well, I am really loving it on Office as well.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I'm not sure about Metro on the PC side? Maybe on the tablet side, but boy, oh boy do I ever love using it for mail (the new Outlook), and, as well, I am really loving it on Office as well.

Nah you will love this response, the day Apple blocks a device I want preventing me from purchasing it I will never spend a single dollar on anything they sell.

Windows 8 makes it look like I will be on Windows 7 until 2022 and then I am buying a Mac after that lol. At least I can still run many of the things I would on Linux while benefiting from the great retail library available for Mac OS. So sad....

They won't back off from this failure. I predict every decision they make to try and counter this failure will drive things further into the ground. They have made it clear they have heard the mass input and have no intentions of listening.

Last edited: