When games reflect reality and remind us we are human

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I was over at Destrutoid and read this today

http://www.destructoid.com/gearbox-to-honor-late-fan-as-an-npc-in-borderlands-2-215160.phtml

I am elated that Gearbox will do this for a dedicated fan. This isn't the first time they have honored a fallen gamer that was a Borderlands fan but it is the first I have heard about it. It is very humbling to be reminded of our mortality especially in games in this way, I am proud to support Gearbox, because they remind us who is most important, the gamers who support them. RIP Michael John Mamaril.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Totally awesome thing for Gearbox to do! I'm definitely looking forward to Borderlands 2!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Remember when Gearbox did that little video (which I can't find at the moment) where via a Claptrap, a dude proposed to his wife?

Can you picture EA doing anything like either of these things? Exactly. Much <3 for Gearbox.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
lol @ Mario!

^5!

Gearbox is pretty much a bunch of gamers making games for other gamers so it's not surprising that they do this. Plus a little bit of extra work and they've endeared themselves to gamers for a very long time to come.

That's smart business from a bunch of crazy, stand up bastards.