What should I do?

marfig

No ROM battery
Is anyone putting their money on Rage?

I'm not sure what to do. I'm saving money so I can get BF3, when it comes. My plan is to purchase something that I can play with people I trust. I'd introduce myself to you folks and no doubt have a blast playing with you. When Robin announced the intention to start TG's own server, that made this idea even better.

But on the other hand I have a sneaky suspicion Rage will end up gathering a crowd around a type of FPS I'm more familiar with. Are you folks concentrated on Rage or BF3 as your upcoming multiplayer shooter?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Is anyone putting their money on Rage?

I'm not sure what to do. I'm saving money so I can get BF3, when it comes. My plan is to purchase something that I can play with people I trust. I'd introduce myself to you folks and no doubt have a blast playing with you. When Robin announced the intention to start TG's own server, that made this idea even better.

But on the other hand I have a sneaky suspicion Rage will end up gathering a crowd around a type of FPS I'm more familiar with. Are you folks concentrated on Rage or BF3 as your upcoming multiplayer shooter?

I didn't even realize Rage was going to have MP. I'll be getting it nonetheless, just because it's an id game and it can't be that bad, but up to this point there's been little to truly grab me about the game. BF3 on the other hand has me pumped, even more so than MW3 (which is rare given I always prefer CoD over BF).

marfig said:
When Robin announced the intention to start TG's own server, that made this idea even better.

I never announced such a thing ;-) It's in the planning stages, though. Can't wait :D

Kayden

Tech Monkey
I am getting Rage, BF3, Saints Row 3, Skyrim and The Old Republic this year. Now Rage doesn't impress many people visually, but the game play and story look interesting at the very least. As far as visuals for me I think they look good for OpenGL. This isn't DX and I think that's what is throwing some people because the textures look like some one bleached them, and I agree though I wont hold judgement on it until I have it in my hands.

marfig

No ROM battery
Best Console Game isn't what I call a selling point :D

Rage is surely shaping up to be a cool game. Have been following its development from pretty much the start. And the color pallet of the game actually resonates with me. I also fondly and deliberately nurture and Id Software fetish; own every game they ever published. So skipping Rage is out of the question and pretty much don't care if it even comes out as a bad game. I'll just buy.

However it has to wait for next year. I'm wanting to start getting into shooter co-op. I'm a virgin still. For some reason only now that started to become appealing. In any case BF3, it is. Sicne that's what ya'll will be getting.