What do you think about this...??

adkan11

Obliviot
Hi guys....

I found this site is pretty awesome about the analysis and all....
But still i was confused about following Desktop Configuration....

Processor - intel i3
RAM - DDR3 2 GB
Motherboard - Asus
OS - XP and Windows 7
Monitor - 20"
Graphics Card - Ati radeon HD 5450

Things would like to know...

1. Overall performance for this configuration...??
2. Games to be played
a. Crysis - Warhead
b. Prince of persia - forgotten sands
c. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
d. Tomb Raider - Underworld
(All the above games.... Will i be able to play on medium low graphics...??)

Please help....

Thanks in advance.....

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
For a better understanding, need a bit more info...

What specific Intel i3 CPU do you have, model and speed?
What speed/model memory?
Is the HD 5450 the 512MB or 1GB model?

After a couple assumptions, the short of it will probably be no. The 5450 will struggle with medium settings over 1280x1024 in most modern games, warhead you might squeeze 20fps at 1024. You can check some of our benchmarks here. If you want to play games at a more acceptable frame rate/quality, you'll need a better GPU, since the 5450 is more of a HTPC card than a gaming card.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Get a 5750 if your gonna be gaming and can afford it, otherwise you could do something a bit lower like a 5670 but nothing lower will really run games too well, they are more of home theater/basic low power cards.

PS: The 5750 should blow through any game at max settings (Crysis & Warhead should be fairly good too) If your running lower resolution then you could probably play anything maxed out with no problems.

Last edited:

adkan11

Obliviot
OK

Thanks for your reply.....

Actually i dont know much about the processor details.
But yes my Card is of 1gb.

Can we compare like this....

Currently i'm having HP pavilion laptop
3 gb ram, intel Dual core, Vista home premium, 15.6" screen,
with intel graphic card X3100 384mb memory....
And Right now i'm able to play Pop- forgotten sands
between low and medium settings.... in which i can say "A not bad" performace......

So i was thinking that the new Desktop will perform even better than my laptop...

What do you think about this one...??

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Sorry, forum alert didn't pop up stating that you had replied (a bit of a common problem here).

The new desktop will indeed perform better than your current system, but you may find problems if you have multiple apps open since you are going from 3GB to 2GB of ram. The new graphics card will be significantly better than the integrated solution you are using. You may not see a massive difference between the 2 computers when you increase the resolution, but on a technical level, it is faster.

My advice would be to save up a bit more and get a better graphics card, such as the ones DarkStarr mentioned, then you will really notice a difference in game. The 5750 and 5650 would be the way to go - and 4GB of ram on a 64bit OS.

So yeah, there is a difference, but it may not be as great as you'd hope.

adkan11

Obliviot
I beg to differ

My advice would be to save up a bit more and get a better graphics card, such as the ones DarkStarr mentioned, then you will really notice a difference in game. The 5750 and 5650 would be the way to go - and 4GB of ram on a 64bit OS.

So yeah, there is a difference, but it may not be as great as you'd hope.

Actually, y'day i got this Desktop installed at my place with same config
i've mentioned.... then i had installed Prince of persia 2008 and Prince of persia - The forgotten Sands.... And

Guess WHAT....???

I'm able to play both the games.... with settings MAXED OUT.... :D:D:D;)

WITHOUT ANY LAG.... or Block or invalid Lip sync.......:);):D:eek:

And according to me.... There is MASSSSSSSIVE difference....

Whatever i've also read and researched about this card was useless....:confused:

Because now i can see , How this card is performing....

Anyways thanks for your reply....

Now i'm happy with it.... And i was also thinking about performace which the Costlier cards can give....

Truly amazinggggg............ :)

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
If you're resolution is low enough then that card will screen but once you start pushing it through a 22" or larger monitor you'll start to notice the difference.

AMD did a great job covering all price points with the latest generation of cards.