Upgrading to a Corsair Obsidian 800D Chassis and H60 CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As one might expect, being that I deal with a lot of benchmarking and testing of new hardware, I tear down and build up PCs often - but rarely my own. It's only on occasion when I'll take a look at my own PC and realize that a change needs to be made. Sometimes it's performance-related, other times its aesthetics-related, or it could desired change out of need, such as with my latest upgrade.

robs_pc_update_050511_01_thumb.jpg

Read the rest of the post and then discuss it here! Bring on the discussion about your own recent upgrades as well!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
B E A U tiful man! I love it! Good to see you r not one of those guys(3dgameman) who shove 2 or 3 massive GPUs into their builds! :eek:
Well, you've seen my recent upgrade so, nothing for me to add, except I'll be looking for a GPU upgrade but by this year's end we might see some new GPUs from the reds and greens so, i shall wait!

So this means you'll finally be editing ur PC specs signature?!? :D

Last edited:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I've seen the light, brother Rob. After tinkering with the 650D and seeing the 800D up close, they're pretty sweet. This morning I finally installed the H60 into our new chassis testing system and it went in like buttah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqPiJ0L7YmY

Get some fans for the top of that case, boy!

***EDIT: TCS has the right idea. Budget cases FTW!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
hmmmm, Mike Meyers, Madonna, & Rosie .... hahah

Our people ... .. . LOL

Oh, yes back to buttah ... "like 2 stick of buttah lashed together in a rough huned mannah." I'll believe when you describe the effort to blow the dust out in a few to several months.

Ok, the crotch shot of Rosie at the very "end" was ... uhh ... unexpected.