Top 25 Epic Deaths in PC Gaming

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
A lot of people might not admit it, but I'm willing to bet that deep down, we all have a soft spot for epic or hilarious deaths in video games. Well, at least I do. Be it falling accidentally off of a cliff or getting hit by a car when crossing the street, I can't help but snicker. Heck, some games outright glorify epic accidents or deaths, so I know I'm not alone.

duke_epic_death_081911.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
It's actually called "The 25 Most Brutal Deaths in PC Gaming" lol. I expected to see all hilarious deaths or something but it says most of them are like OMG BLOOD GUTS type deaths. I'm gonna give it a go :p

marfig

No ROM battery
One of my most glorious deaths (the stuff that gets imprinted on your brain and you won't forget) happened on a MUD; Realms of Despair.

Death-traps (DTs) are rooms that kill you instantly as you walk into them. Not only that, anything you are wearing or carrying gets lost for good. When you spend around an year accumulating godly equipment that lets you battle the most powerful mobs the game throws at you, DTs are... well, people are known to even quit playing.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I have two:

Lord of the Rings Online - I'm walking through Middle Earth looking at all of the stuff that I had read about in the books, swinging the camera around and woah, off the cliff I go. Dead at level 5. I couldn't even make it to level 15 to get the undying title.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - my friend loads up his quad with C4, drives it into a tank but but his headset crapped out. I didn' t know he had it loaded with explosives and I'm pointed backwards so there's no way I can see what's going on. KABOOM! Thanks dip wad!