This is why you insure deliveries...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
A packaged shipped, cross continents, a world separated by many time zones. A week it must arrive, less fortune smile unfavourably. In manner of great haste did the package fly, wings spread wide, land forth on black ribbons a world away. A truck it travelled, a lorry there after, a van placed and a home delivered. Two days early, a home the courier knocks, with baited breath and a demeanour uncertain he decrees...

"Got a present for ya, Ha Ha Ha..."

A Box knocked, hardware damaged, a tear forms and sorrow ensues. FedEx failed and furry envelops. Time for some pictures and a nerd rage follows.

BOXdmg.jpg
GPU2dmg.jpg
CPUdmg.jpg

Psi*

Tech Monkey
'tis a day gone bad for poor Thari-Nar
the poor lad
his world 'nocked ass-under
by the evil laugh of the Fedex deliverer

One wonders about the tooth missing
wanna be shot putter
Did this shot make his mark at least?

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Intel i7 875K - trashed, lost 9.5 caps on the underside, completely unusable now. It was mounted in a box fine, so I am completely at a loss as to how the caps could be 'rubbed' off.

Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor X - PCI back panel plate bent to hell and back. Managed to correct it though. Haven't been able to test it yet due to a tolerance issue with the motherboard (doesn't fit), not used in the new MB, this was just an old one for testing. It's more than likely fine, no visible damage to the PCB or cooler. Waiting for a new MB though.

The rest of the components seem fine though. Still one hell of a headache...

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
If it was packed the way Rob showed me, this is some serious unexplainable Bermuda triangle shit. Terrible way to receive gear...

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
man that sux! Good thing i can just go to a shop and get everything hooked up there and then without any delivery issues! Though almost every PC component here costs $50 to $80 more!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Intel i7 875K - trashed, lost 9.5 caps on the underside, completely unusable now. It was mounted in a box fine, so I am completely at a loss as to how the caps could be 'rubbed' off.

If it was still in it's packaging, that's inexplicable. Seriously, that's no minor damage.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'd like to find a bunged CPU and try to snap one of those off. How much force is needed? It would probably end up creating more questions than answers though.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
from the looks of that, it was damaged when it was packaged. That's the only explanation I can see.

Nah, I was the one who shipped this. That CPU never left its Intel-specific box since I posted the review for it. Will post what the box looks like later when I have time... it's not an off-the-shelf thing.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Nah, I was the one who shipped this. That CPU never left its Intel-specific box since I posted the review for it. Will post what the box looks like later when I have time... it's not an off-the-shelf thing.

Here's the exact kind of packaging the CPU was stored in:

DSC_2505.jpg

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I fucking hate international shipping.

Slow, too expensive, and unorganized to shit.

Even non international is fucked. Tell me why a package being shipped from Austin to Dallas need to go to Nebraska first. Please.

And people sometimes wonder why it takes so long...