The Settlers 7

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I cannot stop playing this game. I hadn't heard of the previous versions but Steam had it on sale for 50% off a couple of weeks ago. Holy hell it's amazing. These are my kind of games.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
That DOES look like a good game, judging off just the screenshots. I'm not huge on RTS games, but it looks like this could be right up my alley. How does it compare to Civilization, or are both totally different?

See, this is one of those games I saw come out, but paid little attention to. Glad you forced me to look into it... do want to try it out at some point.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Civ5 and The Settlers are their own brand of crack. The Settlers lack turns like Civ and is like you said, more of an RTS. Unlike C&C and similar games, this one is more than just building an army. There is an economy to focus on as well.

I don't know how I hadn't heard of this series but I am loving 7.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Greg, I am a game buying stoppage right now and I had forgotten about this game and you are making it very hard right now!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Stay calm, Kayden. Repeat after me - Battlefield 3...

Oh I will have my Monitors & Stand before that game comes out no problem, just the next 2 months I must resist any games buying to get surround video gaming...must resist. (c;

Kayden

Tech Monkey
That's on the list too! I loved Rome Total and the demo for Shogun 2 had me goin but in the interest of full disclosure turn based strategy doesn't always keep my interest, even in the Total War or Civ franchises.

I prefer RTS any day of the week over TBS, the best RTS in my mind as far as scale has to be Sins of a Solar Empire it will run on a crappy laptop with no problems or a top end desktop looking very nice and the games can last from 2 hours to literally 2 days, I know we did it a lan party once. (c;