SteelSeries DESMO Gaming Eyewear Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Our digital lives have us spending a ton of time in front of screens, and sometimes eye strain can occur as a result. GUNNER Optiks has been producing glasses for some time to help counter this problem, and SteelSeries, seeing an obvious advantage for gamers, has teamed up with the company to create the DESMO.

Read our full look at SteelSeries' DESMO gaming eyewear and then discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
LOL @ Bono con.

Nice!

When I swing by to drop over your gear I could grab them and give you the perspective from a set of 20/20 eyes. My current system should be able to run Borderlands at least.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Isopropanol is the main part of most glass cleaners, and PC related cleaning in general. You can pick up large 1Ltr or 500ml bottles of the stuff quite cheap, usually in 99.99% form. It's usually more cost-effective than buying normal detergents and such. It's typically better too since it's alcohol based and just evaporates off with no residue. I use the stuff along with either a microfibre cloth or disposable non-lint cloths. Microfibre makes a habit of scratching, so be careful with that.

Yeah... me being geeky with cleaning agents. Next it'll household lighting... oh wait...

Kayden

Tech Monkey
These are the ones I was talking about getting to see if they would help with my migraines from fluorescent lights! Thanks for the update Rob.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Isopropanol is the main part of most glass cleaners, and PC related cleaning in general. You can pick up large 1Ltr or 500ml bottles of the stuff quite cheap, usually in 99.99% form.

Years ago, I discovered that the glasses cleaner my local eyewear place sold for $3 or so was nearly identical to window cleaner at the supermarket that contained 20x as much for the same price. Suffice to say, one's a better deal than the other.

Still, it's funny how I never thought of using it on this eyewear. The lenses are essentially plastic, which is why I didn't. But I guess you just gotta treat them like actual eyewear.

These are the ones I was talking about getting to see if they would help with my migraines from fluorescent lights!

You just never know, to be honest. Sometimes, I try to not use the eyewear, but inevitably I feel that pull because I can feel a tinge of a headache coming on. I've actually had times where I've had a full-blown headache and put the glasses on, and within a half an hour or so I'd feel noticeably better (perfect since I try to shy away from taking pills everytime I have a headache).