Sonic Generations Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's been far too long since the world has seen the release of a top-rate Sonic game - so is it going to be Sonic Generations that finally delivers the classic Sonic gameplay and charm that fans are looking for? With its vibrant world, fast-paced gameplay, many secrets to find and a collection of throw-backs to past Sonic games - it just might be.

Read through our look at Sonic Generations for the PC and discuss it here!

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
I so want this game!

And while we're on the subject, what's your favorite sonic game? I'm thinking Sonic CD or Sonic & Knuckles.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
DUDE. Chemical Plant!!! Speed Highway!!! Windy Valley!! IS THAT THE DEATH EGG?!?! (I see you actually have rings this time, as opposed to Sonic 2. Do you still have to whack his ass to kill it? rofl) HOLY CRAP MEMORIES. *buys*

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Loved Sonic on my Sega MegaDrive! Definitely gonna get this! Though i am out of space with BF3 and Witcher 2 installed! Will finish BF3 first though! MW3 is coming too! :D

marfig

No ROM battery
Not my type of game. I'm afraid was never a fan of Sonic games. Although, to be true, don't know very well why. I like platform game in general, well since the old console days of the 80s (Manic Miner, Jet Set Willy, Dynamite Dan).

But boy, was that an entertaining review! The last picture nearly made me want to buy it :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I so want this game!

And while we're on the subject, what's your favorite sonic game? I'm thinking Sonic CD or Sonic & Knuckles.

I am partial to Sonic Adventures for the DC. At the time, the graphics and world were just mind-blowing, and the music, levels and characters just made the entire thing oh so sweet. It was even cooler with the Chao minigame that worked on the VMU.

I also have fond memories of Sonic & Knuckles... I remember the night I got it, I was allowed to stay up way later than I should have to soak in as much of it as I could :D And being able to plug in previous Sonic games into the cartridge? It was amazing.

DUDE. Chemical Plant!!! Speed Highway!!! Windy Valley!! IS THAT THE DEATH EGG?!?! (I see you actually have rings this time, as opposed to Sonic 2. Do you still have to whack his ass to kill it? rofl) HOLY CRAP MEMORIES. *buys*

You're going to love this game, I assure you. The nostalgia is intense at times :D

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I am partial to Sonic Adventures for the DC. At the time, the graphics and world were just mind-blowing, and the music, levels and characters just made the entire thing oh so sweet. It was even cooler with the Chao minigame that worked on the VMU.

I also have fond memories of Sonic & Knuckles... I remember the night I got it, I was allowed to stay up way later than I should have to soak in as much of it as I could :D And being able to plug in previous Sonic games into the cartridge? It was amazing.

You're going to love this game, I assure you. The nostalgia is intense at times :D

Yeah Sonic Adventure was absolutely incredible. Do you have Sonic Adventure DX? They released it for the PC a while back. I got it as soon as I realized it was out. All it is, is Sonic Adventure with some extras put in. SP is identical to the dreamcast, and there are some more minigames and such.

Oh Sonic and Knuckles...those were the good ol' days. I still have all the Sonic genesis games and like 3 genesis systems. lol. Also have Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2. I remember the first time I found out that when you attach the Sonic 3 cartridge to the S&K cartridge, you can use Knuckles throughout the game and it also extends the game into S&K once you clear Sonic 3....then you get the Super Emeralds (HATED THOSE STAGES)...the extra levels...and if you collected all the Super Emeralds you got the extra stage Doomsday. Good God those games were amazing.

sega_genesis_sonic_knuckles.JPG

+

Sonic%203%20-%20US%20-%20670-3854.front.jpg

=

Sega_Genesis-_Sonic_%26_Knuckles_locked_on_to_Sonic3_flipped.jpg

719295.jpg

Last edited: