Since When Did ECS Get Hardcore?

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
P67H2-A = 3 PCie x16 + Lucid Hydra, DDR3-2133, SATA 6Gbps, 8 channel HDA, dual Gb LAN. It looks pretty bad ass to boot!

P67H2-A.jpg

I'm not sure if this qualifies as news but maybe I should have titled it "ECS Steps Out Of The Stone Ages". This should give the big guys a run for their money!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Knowing ECS, it's likely form over function... until they can make a motherboard that actually works as intended (and safely), all the shine and gloss in the world won't save them. Yes, been burnt by them...

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Hmmm from what I have heard ECS is fairly good. I had looked at a couple of ECS boards but went with ASUS since AM3 was fairly new.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
ECS has always been low end in my opinion until recently. Their Black edition P55 boards perform very well from what I have read but what I haven't checked out is end user comments because we all know that what happens on a test bench and what happens after months of use are quite different.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I haven't used an ECS product in a while, but a couple of years ago I compared them to being an Intel with a little bit of extra. The boards weren't the greatest, didn't overclock the greatest, but were still a bit better than Intel's offerings at the time. Not sure what's changed since then.

I do like the look of that board, though.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Looks like a P67 review may be in order to see if they've finally gotten serious about enthusiast gear.