Show off your desktop!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn herd 4. I haven't used a Linux distribution in a long time, but now that I have Beryl running (along with pretty much everything else), I don't think any other operating system holds a candle to its looks.

You haven't tried SabayonLinux yet ;-) Wait until the end of the month though.. they should be releasing 3.3 then.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Something must've happened when they were uploaded. :confused: They should be the same size.

The forum has it's own uploading system that has a lower threshold than imageshack... and no ads/resizing. You may wish to give it a try sometime ;-)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I will keep this thread alive if it's the last thing I do!

Attachments

• desktop_april07.jpg
    desktop_april07.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 827

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
And to think their new album is finally almost out. It was last January when they first announced it... so it's really about time.

MacMan

Partition Master
My Humble Tiger Desktop

You haven't tried SabayonLinux yet ;-) Wait until the end of the month though.. they should be releasing 3.3 then.

Most times I love to deck out my desktop with cool OSX Tiger themes, but for some reason lately I simply prefer the simplicity of the simple desktop. Main desktop is Tiger 4.9 and just loving it.

I used to love using Window Blinds on XP, but sadly, I was too cheap to pay for the shareware version. Hmmmmm.... could I be an open source guy?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    788.3 KB · Views: 628
  • Picture 1 23-44-39.jpg
    Picture 1 23-44-39.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 662

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I hear you. I refuse to buy WindowsBlinds. Call me cheap. It's a great program, but I don't need Windows-themes that badly.

+1 for you for the Nikon icons.

MacMan

Partition Master
Ahhh, the simple desktop...

I hear you. I refuse to buy WindowsBlinds. Call me cheap. It's a great program, but I don't need Windows-themes that badly.

+1 for you for the Nikon icons.

Ahhh, the simple desktop... how I love thee. Hopefully, Rob, you can see those beautiful Niko icons (oh, what a beautiful camera :) ) better here, they are in 16 million byt color and look just like the real thing. I get a lot of icons from interfacelift. They originally offered Mac icons only, but now have Window icons for Vista and XP. I use the old address: www.xicons.com Check em out!.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    823 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:

MacMan

Partition Master
Thanks, will do.

Psst.... Check out the Uxtheme Multi-patcher. Then find and apply .msstyle files manually. Free, looks great, and is much faster than WindowBlinds and/or other third-party items chewing on one's RAM.

Thanks BlindMonk, will try later. I love about a million of the Window Blind themes, so being able to apply themes Free would be fantastic. Wish it also worked on Windows Professional 2000 too. I have that also and I really find it fast and stable. :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks BlindMonk, I'm curious enough to try that out later.

Ahhh, the simple desktop... how I love thee. Hopefully, Rob, you can see those beautiful Niko icons (oh, what a beautiful camera :) ) better here, they are in 16 million byt color and look just like the real thing. I get a lot of icons from interfacelift. They originally offered Mac icons only, but now have Window icons for Vista and XP. I use the old address: www.xicons.com Check em out!.

Hah, I will check it out. You need to upgrade those icons though, each one of those cameras have had upgrades (F6/D2Xs/D200) ;)

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am so frickin' boring with my desktop. In both XP and Vista, I simply set my background to black. I place most of my icons in my quick launch bar so there are very few icons on my desktop. I like it clean like that.

BlindMonk

E.M.I.
"Good morning Greg and welcome to the Void."

Or maybe that quote by Nietzsche or somesuch; something like, "When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you."