Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Of all the current mid-range graphics cards on the market, the Radeon HD 5770 from AMD has proven to be one of the best. For its price, it offers great performance, and has other perks such as DirectX 11 and Eyefinity support. With its Vapor-X model, Sapphire has improved the card in numerous ways, including power consumption and temperatures.

You can read our full review here and discuss it here.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
oh man this card is so beautiful!!

even my 9600GT looks really good. some times i wish i could just get my 9600GT out and give it a hug! :D (does that make me a sad person?!):(

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
just checked our local store. XFX HD5850 Black Edition, Rs. 36000 ($429!!!!)

well, they always charge more for new stuff, rip us off they do!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
$429 for an HD 5850? Ugh, the HD 5870's on these shores are less than that (you know, given you can find them in stock).

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
$429 for an HD 5850? Ugh, the HD 5870's on these shores are less than that (you know, given you can find them in stock).
speaking of shores,lol!
i am soo hoping to get my credits transferred to UK! if i complete my BSc there than i'll definitely go to Canada for Masters!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Sooooo ... in comparison to the XFX Radeon 5770 Crossfire EX ... yadda ... reviewed a couple of weeks ago, there is a $15 difference (at 'egg)?:rolleyes:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sooooo ... in comparison to the XFX Radeon 5770 Crossfire EX ... yadda ... reviewed a couple of weeks ago, there is a $15 difference (at 'egg)?:rolleyes:

I wouldn't get this if you just need to toss it in as an extra... you might as well make them both the same. That said, you could add this if you wanted to.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
as a GPGPU ...

In the obvious place, I find comparison between video cards & CPUs ... SiSoftware

I had no idea that there is such a number crunching gap between GPGPUs & CPUs

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I had no idea that there is such a number crunching gap between GPGPUs & CPUs

Yes, when used properly, GPUs are incredibly fast. There's a reason that the GPU client for Folding@home is far, far, far faster than the CPU client.

Senor

Obliviot
Question for Rob

Hi Rob:

Would I be better off using a Sapphire HD5850 Toxic 1Gb or two Sapphire HD5770 1Gb's on a Gigabyte P55A-UD3P board? Computer hosting either configuration will be used for presentation in a large auditorium (1920x1080 Primary monitor) and LCD Projector (1024x768).

Thank you.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Old Vapor-X = voltage increases.
New Vapor-X = :(

I should have gone with the Asus CuCore!