Rosewill Blackhawk Mid-Tower Chassis Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In our first-ever look at a Rosewill product, we're taking the company's Blackhawk mid-tower chassis for a spin. It offers similar design cues to another mega-popular chassis and adds in a couple of new features to help set itself apart, so let's see if it manages to stand on its own and becomes worthy of your $100.

You can read through Ryan's in-depth look at Rosewill's Blackhawk chassis and then discuss it here!

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I would normally pass this off... but um wow.

Coolermaster C690 Advanced style sata dock on top, usb 3.0 port, wire management, the hdd bays and some fan options. If your like me the probably cheap fans aren't a worry since I replace them when I get a case anyways.

Fairly impressive copy of a couple of cases and actually probably worth owning if too many other things dont break more than usual.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Hey iSkout:

A 240mm radiator is no-go on the top of this case I'm afraid. The top cover can be removed but there's not enough room a fan to fit under it unless you were to use a thin 15mm fan but that would pretty much negate any cooling bonuses of a radiator since they just cannot push enough air.

There isn't enough room between the top of the case and the motherboard either so installing the entire system inside isn't an option.

I didn't test the possibility of installing it in the front with the hard drive cage completely removed while using the 5.25" to 3.5" converter for the hard drive. There could also be room for the radiator at the bottom with a section of the hard drive cage removed but it wasn't really looked at because I lack the gear to test with a mock up.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Given the problems, if this chassis was $30 cheaper, it'd be almost a no-brainer. But the fact that the back bows when a 24-pin connector is routed through is just needless... this is something that most anyone building with this chassis is going to deal with. I also prefer the aesthetic cues of CM's 690, but that's subjective.