Razer MMO Rodent Drops Tail - Gains Wings

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Razer has an impressive catalogue of gaming peripherals and one of its more unique products to catch our attention was the 17 button Naga Mouse. Well, an update to the strangely alluring rodent was Epic. It swapped a tail for wings and the Razer Naga Epic was born.
rzr_nagaepic_400_101410.jpg
Read the rest of our post and discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Looks like a joy stick. Hehehe. Just kidding.

I was toying with the idea of getting one of these around the time I bought my Cooler Master but it was out of my price range. Boo. It still looks like a rockin' piece of hardware for MMO's, which I plan on getting into again soon.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
I remember something about the extra buttons only work for certain games. Some will just refuse to work. You'd have to program macro's and key presses to get them to function in game. Some games i've played in the past will refuse to accept mouse buttons past 5 during custom control setup. Which reminds me... so many games now get released without the ability to change the default key layout... at least without editing a config file and manually entering key codes. Damn console ports...

I'd like to get one of these, just to see what i could do with it, even outside of gaming... 1 handed Photoshop and Illustrator work would be nice....

I'll just have to stick with my grossly inferior Razer Lachesis with only 9 buttons...

Last edited:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBAv5DpFf5k

The ability to charge it while using it from a usb is about the only thing I see the only one having over an MX Revo.

Speaking of which, my MX revo is the only thing I really miss from my PC set up at home atm.

I mean, am I missing something?

English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAY-z2Ab114

... I am a little sad to see shitty reviews say that you have to go into setpoint to change the DPI on a razer. You can set a key on the mouse to handle that. That second video also says that the mamba is more customizable? ... the Revo has 11 buttons total, 9 of which can be set to do anything you like. The orig mamba looks limited to 6 buttons with only 3 customizable.

I think I understand why razor has a new mouse. But 12 buttons on the side seems a little much.

With my revo, I had a hard time using 5 buttons with just my thumb. 12 seems insane.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJ1AyP5i44&NR=1

They have a new one... but they removed the thumb wheel :( I liked the rest of the improvements.

Last edited:

madstork91

The One, The Only...
The above looks like it was written by a real fanboi douche.

After looking at the razer, I think you could hit the keys 1-9 fairly easy. 10-12 not so much.

I would like to get my hands on anything more than I have atm though. (that didnt sound right)

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
The above looks like it was written by a real fanboi douche.

After looking at the razer, I think you could hit the keys 1-9 fairly easy. 10-12 not so much.

I would like to get my hands on anything more than I have atm though. (that didnt sound right)

hehee! my fingers would reach 7-8-9, any other key i will have to giveup my comfort zone!