Razer Mako

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Rest assured, I'll test these speakers in a variety of placements and boundary conditions, and report on any performance differences that I notice.

Sp00ks

Obliviot
Hey all, new to the forums, but good stuff from what I've read so far. I am into the razer periphs, so glad I found this post. I have the headset and I'm looking to get the AC-1 card. The problem I foresee is having both the headset and the new mako 2.1 system...will I have to unplug the headset to use the speakers (and vice versa)? I didn't see any info that the 2.1's will have an optical out, just looks like standard 3.5. if this is the case, with no optical, why on earth would they do that? I don't want to have to remove the headset and plug in an HD-DAI converter, just to listen on the speakers...any input? basically, it just seems as though they designed these speakers, banking on the fact that nobody would have the AC-1 sound card.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
g-sixty might be able to confirm or deny the use of an optical connection. As sad as it is to admit, I didn't notice at CES.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
The present word from Razer on the Mako is that they'll be debuting as part of a multi-city touring event during the month of September. We expect we'll have a set by then, and if not, then we'll get one ultra-soon.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Well, we're looking at the second week of October now, and no news is definitely bad news for this hotly anticipated product.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, Razer is not being that clear about this. It seems like samples will be available "very soon", but there still doesn't seem to be a solid release date.

wilam

Obliviot
Hi,
does anyone have any news on the Mako?
It is middle of October at still no news all over the internet.

wilam

Obliviot
It is me again.
I know I am being boring now with the same question. I know that you would probably write something if you knew. However I read somewhere that speakers should hit the stores in December (I have no idea how reliable the source is).
If it is true however they should be available for testing for you any day now. Any news on that?

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
It is me again.
I know I am being boring now with the same question. I know that you would probably write something if you knew. However I read somewhere that speakers should hit the stores in December (I have no idea how reliable the source is).
If it is true however they should be available for testing for you any day now. Any news on that?

Honestly, we've been working on it. Razer informed us that review samples will be 'very limited', which we suspect is Razer's way of politely informing us that in the world of audio hardware reviews, they don't think we matter very much. Still, we're keeping in touch on the off-chance that we've managed to make their short list. We'll be bringing you a review of these speakers as soon as we're able to get our hands on them, if at all.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Razer keeps giving me the same answer over and over, so I would not be the least bit surprised if it is delayed until the new year. We were supposed to see it months ago, and I had figured we would see it for sure last month, but that never happened. December, I think, would be a minimum.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hmm, nice find. £177 equates to around $370USD, so it's good to finally know a possible price. I assume it will be a little lower in the US, so $349USD sounds reasonable. Too bad that site doesn't have any in stock yet... will be worth keeping an eye on.

Welcome to the forums :)