Promising CPU Benchmark: Geekbench 2

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's not too unusual for us to receive e-mails from companies which would like to see us begin using their respective benchmarks in our articles, but a recent request caught my eye. A Canadian company by the name of Primate Labs has released a CPU-specific benchmark called Geekbench, and judging from the screenshots on the site, and information given to us, there's good potential here.

geekbench_2_040910.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Almost 7k for an i3 530 at 4.11 Ghz running Mac OS X. 64-bit Mac's seem to be beating up on everybody with that processor.

I wonder what I can get running 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium at that speed?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I ran the 32-bit version on Windows and Linux, and Windows scored about 7500 while Linux scored 8150. It will take me a little while to test the program enough to see if it should be used, so we'll see. One thing I don't like is that it seems a little light on the testing... the entire thing seems to take 15 seconds tops, so it doesn't quite equate to the compiler benchmarks I hope to include in our future CPU reviews.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Hmm, score of 10,703 for the configuration in my sig.

I agree, I'm not sure how reliable the testing is given it only takes a few seconds per each test, but I've seen worse too.

samuelson1

Obliviot
Buff bad scor I´m afraid: 6628 for my 955

Summary
Section Description Score Geekbench Score
Geekbench 2.1.6 for Windows x86 (32-bit)
Integer Processor integer performance 7796 6628
Floating Point Processor floating point performance 8752
Memory Memory performance 3020
Stream Memory bandwidth performance 2327
System Information
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Model System manufacturer System Product Name Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A79 Deluxe
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 955
Processor ID AuthenticAMD Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
Processor Frequency 3.70 GHz Processors 1
Cores 4 Threads 4
L1 Instruction Cache 64.0 KB L1 Data Cache 64.0 KB
L2 Cache 2.00 MB L3 Cache 6.00 MB
Memory 4.00 GB 1066 MHz FSB 200 MHz
BIOS American Megatrends Inc. 3204

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Those old Pentium 4's sure do show their age these days... system's worth somewhere around $100 today. :p

Yeah.... don't rub it in :p. I'll have you know, my P4 can still handle the internet.... just.... as long as there isn't any flash.... or complex javascript... or other tasks running in the background... :D