Pepsi Introduces Bottle Developed from 100% Plant Material

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Creating "green" products and materials that aren't harmful to our environment is a great thing, and most often, when big companies jump on board, the reduced effects on the environment can be huge. Pepsi, with its introduction of a 100% plant bottle, though, might bring things to a new level. Just imagine... billions of bottles each year, "green".

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Better question is... are these 100% plant based bottles recyclable or not? Because if they are not, they just took a step forward and two back...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Better question is... are these 100% plant based bottles recyclable or not? Because if they are not, they just took a step forward and two back...

Well this is what I'm wondering as well. Are they recyclable or compostable? Pepsi conveniently didn't mention this. One could hope that they are one or the other though, because it'd be a MAJOR step back if not.

Misha

Obliviot
To be honest, I'm 36 and I think in the last 15 years i don't remember if i ever drank any soft drink... especialy I can't stand Coca Cola...
Squeezing and blending oranges, lemons, apples, carrots, peaches, making my own juice...
Lemonade with honey instead of sugar is my "unhealthier" drink :)