On Back order

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Never bought anything from Buy.com, but they sure keep you informed on your order.
The Q9450 purchase order has been sent to the wharehouse ( along with the EVGA 780i board ( in stock )).
When they get the shipment in, the CPU will be shipped out.
We'll see......My visa charge for the CPU is in pending state, till it ships.

Merlin

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
When/if I get the E9450, my current CPU gets passed down to the wife for her semi-new system (more pass me down parts), so at least this way I don't get a ton of grief over buying a new CPU (only a half a ton instead).

I'l really interested in seeing just how well these retail chips do OC'ing.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Haha! That's the perfect scheme. Upgrade your machine and hers in the process. Seems fair to me.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
I've looked at that site before, they seem to be pretty much a rip off on everything they sell, at least everything I've looked at.........;)

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Haha! That's the perfect scheme. Upgrade your machine and hers in the process. Seems fair to me.

The wife doesn't seem to object all that much when she gets a upgrade as well, she is a gamer as well and like looking at a nice display with some good FPS...........smooths things out don't ya know.................:D

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
God I hope Intel gets their act together before Nehalem's launch...

At the rate things are going, they certainly won't have to worry about trying to clear out leftover Penryn stock before selling Nehalem chips. :rolleyes:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The wife doesn't seem to object all that much when she gets a upgrade as well, she is a gamer as well and like looking at a nice display with some good FPS...........smooths things out don't ya know.................:D

Your wife is a GAMER? What kind of lottery was this you won??

God I hope Intel gets their act together before Nehalem's launch...

At the rate things are going, they certainly won't have to worry about trying to clear out leftover Penryn stock before selling Nehalem chips. :rolleyes:

Haha, this is true. Sadly.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Your wife is a GAMER? What kind of lottery was this you won??

You should hear her when she's on a hot streak, you would think she was a old school fighter.

I call her the Axe wheedling distructor, nothing gets in her way or stops her.

She plays a lot of RPG and adventures, but she's pretty good at them.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You should hear her when she's on a hot streak, you would think she was a old school fighter.

I call her the Axe wheedling distructor, nothing gets in her way or stops her.

She plays a lot of RPG and adventures, but she's pretty good at them.

If more women were like this, it'd be a lot easier to pick up. Not too many girls I meet are impressed with a great CPU overclock or the fact that I have a high-level character in an MMO.

:mad:

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Well, she leaves all the hardware side of things to me, they really don't interest her at all. That is until her games start to slow down or she can't see all the pretty little features correctly and the screen shutters, then I hear about it until its fixed.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
No idea... but inc. Vat, £255 would be over $500 USD. I wonder if that's accurate, or if it's just more expensive at that particular e-tailer?
I would think that just because they have some, they can gouge the price.
319.00 USD compared to whateverthehellthey use for money equates to 500.00 is just unhuman

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
Old Fart

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Q9450 is in

Cancelled the order at Buy.com.
Microcenter has it for 349.00 and in stock. :eek:
I'll be busy today getting it installed and post later :D

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
So Far 3.2 @ 400FSB