OCZ 2GB PC2-7200 SLI-Ready Edition

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
If you ask me, you have one of the few lame duck Conroes. I had an early E6600 that could not be made stable over 3.2Ghz and maxxed out even for suicide benchmarking @ 3.4GHz. Otherwise, I can't see the problem after reading this entire thread over.

Faiakes

Obliviot
The problem is I don't think there is any benefit to my gaming whether I run the E6600 at 3.6.

I noticed that the biggest jump in 3DMark score came from 2.4 going to 2.88

Faiakes

Obliviot
The E6600 has been sold on eBay and I bought a new E6750 (which was cheaper than the E6600!).

So far the memory has been running at rated speed and timings and has reached nearly 800% on memtest without any errors. I don't think there will be any.

So, the question is: Do I have a dud Striker?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
You will love the E6750... hopefully it will achieve some nice overclocks. As for the dud Striker... I'd just wait until you receive the new processor and see if you run into the same exact issue. If it's the case, then yes, it's probably a less than ideal board. I had the same problem recently with my Intel XBX2... it hasn't been able to reach the high FSB that others have achieved. Come to think of it.. I had the same problem with the eVGA 680i as well...

Faiakes

Obliviot
Well, with the E6750 I have managed to even boot into Windows with a 500 FSB so it must have been the CPU blocking me.

I am also happy to report that the OCZ 7200 will happily run at 500 but my timings were on Auto (5-6-6-18), I'll try to bring them down to what you achieved in your review Rob.

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Sorry for the late response here.. not sure how I missed it. Good to hear that your problems are solved... and even better to know that a CPU -can- indeed make such a large difference.

Grats man.. that's one pain in the ass problem out of the way ;-)