NZXT's 'Bunker' Helps Protect Your Peripherals at a LAN

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Of all the events that exist on this earth, LAN parties could be considered the most fun. There's nothing quite like getting together with a huge group of friends and a bunch of people you don't know and geek out for an entire weekend, drinking energy drinks and sharing laughs. What's not so funny though, is coming back to your PC after a washroom break to see your peripherals missing.

nzxt_bunker_011511.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Doesn't help with wireless devices or non USB based headsets either.... Still, it's better than nothing, providing you have an easily accessible drive bay to put it.... and the devices USB ports aren't the super-sized variety.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Wireless devices you can take with you. Backpack 'em. As for non-USB devices, use the rear audio connectors because you can still run it through the same PCI cover.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Not many Backpacks can take a full sized gaming keyboard... i've tried, lol. Never too keen on wiretraps either, cables aren't meant to be knotted and wrapped around small bits of metal repeatedly. There isn't much security to be honest in any system, you might as well just carry the stuff around or go with a friend and take turns watching each other's gear.... between frag sessions on course...

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I just don't go to LAN parties. The sun burns my pastey, geek-ridden skin.

OriginalJoeCool

Tech Monkey
"Geek-ridden?":p

It's so depressing that people can't just be trustworthy. You can't leave anything anywhere.

At work, if I leave my PC unlocked, what do I find when I get back? The screen orientation flipped upside down and/or a half-naked man as my wallpaper. They never get tired of that crap. :mad:

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
You sound like you work where I do. Ahh, Saint John. Land of smelly smells that smell and call centers that stretch as far as the eye can see.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oddly enough, I received one of these things in the mail the same day I posted this. Perhaps Ryan can come over and take it and give some of his first-hand opinions in this thread!