NVIDIA Lists Chassis Recommendations for GTX 480 Use

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"What? MORE whining about GTX 480 issues?!" ... Hey now, cut me some slack. I just post what's relevant! Sure, since I've posted our in-depth look at NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 480, I feel like I've beaten the dead horse far too many times since. Yes, the GTX 480 has some issues, and yes, it makes the purchasing decision more difficult. I received a call from NVIDIA earlier, though, that piqued my curiosity a little bit.

official.jpg

You can read the rest of our post here.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
That fridge looks a lot like an Antec P180/P182..

Funny thing is I swore it WAS the Antec chassis, lol.

Anyhow, it is no surprise they would recommend those chassis. I would recommend them to ANYONE using high end stuff since they are the best design to protect your hardware and provide the best cooling environment possible.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm waiting for the Nvidia edition of each of the cases mentioned. Same case, different colors, +$40 price tag.

But it's Nvidia approved!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I'm waiting for the Nvidia edition of each of the cases mentioned. Same case, different colors, +$40 price tag.

But it's Nvidia approved!

There are already a few limited edition chassis that are either ATI Crossfire certified or Nvidia SLI certified and come appropriately colored as well.. They tend to cost slightly more as well.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Yep. The CM 690 and (I believe) Elite 334, Silverstone had their Temjin's splashed with the GeForce theme at one time and I thought there was a HAF floating around out there...I may have made that part up when I was drinking though. I'm not aware of any Crossfire themed cases but I do recall an AMD case with a dragon on the side. It may have been a HAF as well.

I drink a lot.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Well, that joke backfired. I had to pick the one fridge in my Google search that looked like a PC case.

Maybe Antec should enter a partnership with Kenmore.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Looked like a fridge to me first time round. :)

How about ATI partner with SMEG, then they can look retro, loosely affiliated with Red Dwarf (red = ATI, Dwarf = Smaller Chip size on the 5 series, ignoring the fact that the ship was a giant asteroid :D) and be cool (SMEG make fridges as well if you didn't know).

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, that joke backfired. I had to pick the one fridge in my Google search that looked like a PC case.

Maybe Antec should enter a partnership with Kenmore.

Haha, well, the topic at hand was chassis, and it does look like one ;)

slugbug

Coastermaker
Yep. The CM 690 and (I believe) Elite 334, Silverstone had their Temjin's splashed with the GeForce theme at one time and I thought there was a HAF floating around out there...I may have made that part up when I was drinking though. I'm not aware of any Crossfire themed cases but I do recall an AMD case with a dragon on the side. It may have been a HAF as well.

I drink a lot.

I have a CM Stacker 830 Nvidia Edition case. I got it for free though :)

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I have a CM Stacker 830 Nvidia Edition case. I got it for free though :)
*sniff, sniff*

I smell me some contest winnin's! ;)

Either that or you know the delivery route of the Nvidia trucks.

Last edited: