North Sea Jazz 2010 in Rotterdam, Holland

GFreeman

Coastermaker
That is an astonishing track there! :) It's a bit in the style of Magnetic Man if you ask me :p Music plays a big part in my life. I'm greatly interested by it! It's nice to exchange music experience :) And yes I should post more lol! :p

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Normally I'm not that into ambient trance, but I've just found this song and it's not bad I have to say. It's not really a song with a beat / tune or anything, but it does set a certain theme and atmosphere. It is relaxing to listen and let your mind drift away for a while after a busy day for example ;) What do you guys think of this song.

Aglaia - Seven Ancient Glaciers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwljAixfwA&playnext=1&list=PL21FEBF9B1B5B7C58

It actually love this, there is a place for it for me so I have it added. A lot of people like the nature cd's to relax to and I personally can not stand a majority of them, this however is suits my tastes perfectly. I appreciate the post GFreeman.

An artist I am fond of is Craig Armstrong and if you have not heard of him then I must introduce his work to you with this piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6h9XfHCTs

This one of many I use to get me setup to go in and play a MP game, depending on the day I have had. :D I hope you enjoy his work.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I like it, I will check out some more of these songs! I really like the choir in this song! It reminds me of some of the Lord of the Rings songs. Well now I've come to think of it.. maybe it's even used as an inspiration for Lord of the Rings. ;)

GFreeman

Coastermaker
How about this one :) It's very clear and bright this song. I like it, the tune sounds familiar as well.

Brian Eno An Ending (Ascent): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgQyIMX_XU

I've actually found some background of it :) The song is actually from 1983, it doesn't sound 80s like though. It's very ahead of it's time if you ask me :)

This is from the compilation Music for Films Volume 2, and there's a version on Apollo - Atmospheres & Soundtracks, which is the accompaniment to the film that Nasa made about Apollo's approach to the Moon, called For All Mankind. The film is about astronauts and their dreams and aspirations when they're on the Moon. The music for the film is wonderful.

Last edited:

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Yeah I have the Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks cause I'm a space nut (sshh don't tell any one), any way you spin it's still a damn good song.

The sound was defiantly changing in the 80's I could see where he would have been inspired by to create this type of music and just knowing it was 83 means he semi-lead the way for this type of music that's for sure, but it didn't catch until 90's or so for sure.

I liked that Karmic Light, pretty long and it's one of those you defiantly use for mediation. The CD is pretty dang expensive $60 on amazon, it is import only btw, gonna look else where see if I can get it digital but I liked it. They have a lot of other work and I will be browsing some of those later.

A song that the Karmic Light sort of reminded me of and I was going to bring up but spaced (thanks I'll be here all week) and is from the same time frame is Orbital - Halcyon on and On here's the best link on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAle0pAJ_zY

At the time when file sharing with mIRC just started this got me into more then a few chat rooms because this is the song at the start of Hackers but no one could get the CD easily, well no one really knew the song was also on the Mortal Kombat CD at the time which was really easy to get, this was like 1995/1996. Hope you like.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Well I really like that Orbital track!! It's spectacular! Orbital in general is a little too sweet and tender to my liking. But I find this track an exception to that. I quite like it! It's nice exploring new music, and new music genres. Ambient isn't like my favourite genre, but I'm open minded to all sorts of music. And as long as it's made with passion like that track the Brain Eno made, then I have to say I quite love it :) My first impression was that it had to be British, and it seems that impression was right :)

Kayden

Tech Monkey
That's about the only track from Orbital that I like myself. I say I like everything but most Rap and R&B and that pretty much holds true, there is very very little I can stand from those genres but they are rare. If I come across anything else I think you or anyone else might like I will certainly post it.

Kayden

Tech Monkey
It feels a little simple, I was expecting it to pick up and play around a bit but it never did. It wouldn't be a top of the list but it would be an easy listening track for sure. I think the intro kind of threw making me think it was a nature song and nothing else, but at the 2min it picked up then stayed mellow defiantly easy listening.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
It feels a little simple, I was expecting it to pick up and play around a bit but it never did. It wouldn't be a top of the list but it would be an easy listening track for sure. I think the intro kind of threw making me think it was a nature song and nothing else, but at the 2min it picked up then stayed mellow defiantly easy listening.

I agree, that song is missing some build-up. But still it's an interesting sound ;)

GFreeman

Coastermaker
I liked this a little more had a urban feel to it but still felt like it was build and then went no where. It isn't bad by any means it's a good sound just not very memorable or will be used that often, by myself.

Rightly so.. I agree when listening it a couple of times you notice that. It might be a cool and interesting sound, but it's somehow not convincing enough. Maybe the focus is a little too much on the ambient part,with the result that the songs lack build-up and a good rhythm.

GFreeman

Coastermaker
Well clearly the next song is in a different league then. Ever heard of this song? It is quite relaxing, has nature sounds in it too. Sounds clear and pure :)

Robert Rich - Somnium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2CYBRgUWQ

EDIT: I've listened to it a couple of times and I adore it! It is some track :)

Last edited: