No problems, just nothing.

Trigger_This

Obliviot
I have nearly nothing at all except my Service pack 2 virus protection. If i continue on my way as It is, which is virus free with just service pack 2 do i really need any other services?

Will Nave

E.M.I.
That totally depends on what your surfing habits are. If you do a lot of downloading and surfing on random sites that do not necessarily have the greatest of credibility then you definately need to install some third party antivirus applications. Personally, I would never leave my PC's security in the hands of Microsoft solely.

Trigger_This

Obliviot
Thx for your opinion.

So, i have found Mcafee i'll have them for 30 days... Now what?

PS: I found about 5 viruses on a free internet virus scan...

I'm also downloading Spybot Search and Destroy and Spydoctor

Last edited:

GeekGirl

Obliviot
You may want to do some research on AVG

a) It's FREE
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/40/lng/ww

b) I haven't noticed a drop in boot up speed either, that I did with the Norton Antivirus Devil Spawn.

But research first, read what other people have had to say first, it may not be 'for you'.

dukeman

Obliviot
i disabled my nortons antivirus and only use avg now. it is fast and free. it also found 2 virus's that nortons did not.

highly recommed it.

Trigger_This

Obliviot
Yes i did norton for about 2 days... They didn't find anything

I went to panda they found 13... AND KILLED THEM

Thx panda.

brettmar

Obliviot
If you can find it in your area, the very BEST antivirus client is Kaspersky.

Almost zero false positives, and finds almost everything. A lot of viruses can be Welded, encrypted and compressed to where no other antivirus can find them. I have tested this with 50+ keyloggers and trojans, using PED, PEwelder, and standard Rarring. Nothing beats it.

Panda comes in a very close second in my book. Followed by a 2 way tie with Norton Corporate and Macafee