New modder competition site, from MaximumPC

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
yep, the "current battles link will always work.

One thing I found was that if I liked directly to the battles, the pages were still active... even though the battle was over. They were not turning off the old pages when the new battles were happening. I know I lost votes on that misunderstanding previously....

I wont do it again! ;)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Well... I have Lupine, BOSS and DSF up at Modshop. Once I finish up on Deuce, I'll put it in the mix and make it active... ;)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
WE DID IT!!!!!
63-33

DSF PREVAILED!!!!

Thank you all, kick ass!!!! No really... thank you all who helped out and took the time to vote, even if it was not for me, it is the participation and your willingness to help me with my hobby!

I cant thank you enough!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Wow, that's quite the margin bro! Huge congrats, it's well deserved!

I've already voted on the new batch... and I have to say, it's daunting to go through every battle to vote on each set. I couldn't even finish! Some incredible mods there though... I admire the work of them all.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
WE DID IT!!!!!
63-33

DSF PREVAILED!!!!

Thank you all, kick ass!!!! No really... thank you all who helped out and took the time to vote, even if it was not for me, it is the participation and your willingness to help me with my hobby!

I cant thank you enough!
Hoooooooo Waaaah
Congrats on the win..... Slamed it actually,,,,lol

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
WE DID IT!!!!!
63-33

DSF PREVAILED!!!!

I cant thank you enough!
When is the next battle.....I just know you have something in the works

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
the battles are monthly, and I was bumped a few rounds ago.
But if you are itching to participate, I have some friends in the top 8 that could use your support!

Liquid Metal:
http://modshop.net/battle/724

* Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus *
http://modshop.net/battle/725

*edit*
PS: Oh, and... I found a new job!!! My last day with my current job is ending on Thursday and I'm taking some time off. Plan on spending a few days in the garage and getting Deuce *much* further along...

I just realized that I never put blingGreen up on Modshop! I'll have to do that!

But Deuce will have a significant boost in production over the coming week while I relax and get ready for my new job!

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Voted!

Congrats on the new job man!! Does this job mean more time for mods, or just more moolah? ;-)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Voted!

Congrats on the new job man!! Does this job mean more time for mods, or just more moolah? ;-)

Hopefully... "C) All of the above"!
;)

The salary was gonig to be a nice bump for me, but then looking at their insurance costs, their co-pays, lack of definitive bonus structure, and that they are a private company (no employee stock program), it will come out about even..

but this is more for my personal job enjoyment, as well as career path growth. Have heard good things about the company, and my boss seems like a kick ass, no nonsense dude! I am hopeful that the job will eventually translate into a better mindset when I get home, less exhaustion from stress, better management of my diabetes... all of which should give me more energy and time to mod!

That's the plan at least!
;)
Thanks Rob!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Great to hear man! The pay coming out even is just fine I'm sure. If you are like me, you value a lack of stress much more than an extra chunk of cash. You don't live longer from stressing out, heh.

Good luck on the position regardless, and hopefully we can see Duece finished up soon and other mods in the future.

BTW, I have to say, that Liquid Metal mod is fantastic. I am partial to blue, so that might be why... but very cool concept.