Most Wanted demo out!!!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
No excuse! Use the keyboard!

This game better not suck or I will freak out at EA. I love it, because it looks more like the older Hot Pursuit games, and I love those more than the Undergrounds.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Has anyone else played this yet? I want some opinions! I will be reviewing it for the site in a few weeks for those who are interested.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I played it, the cars are very hard to control with the keyboard, the vehicles in BF2 and BF '42 are way easier (man I love just running down the opposing players with a jeep) so without a steering wheel or a good gamepad it's frustrating as heck.

Looks good though.

Blumen

Coastermaker
I'm playing with keyboard, not really having any problems... but i've played all the NFS series on keyboard except for Porshe Unleashed, so i'm just a whacko like that. Looks pretty nice even with my sub-par setup.

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Sucks to be me....facking dial-up.

Im sure this game will be a kick in the ass. And hopfully it will support LAN play so that we can play cops and robbers like we used to back in the first Hot Persuit.

The only thing im not thrilled about is the "Undergroud" feel of the game. I HATE the ricer BS in underground, makes me cringe. Plus im kinda tickedat EA for cross polenating their franchises yet AGAIN! Its like come one guys, think of somthing original for a change.

Anyway, bitching aside. Ill be playing this sometime this week, complete with my Logitech Driving Force Pro (which if you have one, and havent bothered plugging it into your PC, deserve to be shot). So ill give a full skinny soon.

Blumen

Coastermaker
Well... underground was only as ricer as you made it..... most of my cars don't come out looking like race, but rather American Grand-Am, plus neon....

This is probably my most "riced" car....

Buck-O

Coastermaker
ciento44 said:
Well... underground was only as ricer as you made it..... most of my cars don't come out looking like race, but rather American Grand-Am, plus neon....

This is probably my most "riced" car....

Dont get me wrong, i know you can keep the cars relatively Un-ricer. In fact i did ALOT of JGTC remake cars, Supras and 350Z's especially. Plus i did a DTM Audi TT, A Super Taikyu RX-8, etc. etc.

Plus i didnt buy parts like the camber kits that pigeon toed the front wheels on the car. I didnt buy the nitrous sprayer purge kits, hydrolics, or gold tinted wheels cause they looked like ass.

However, there where certain parts of the game where you had to have enough street cred to advance. Which forced you to ricerfy your car. So i had a "game car" and a bunch of other custom cars in the general garage for my own personal use when i wasnt doing the single player campaign.

I just hope that in this game they dont force you to upgrade your car to improve the multiplier for your earnings like it did in Underground.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I started with the 240sx in underground 2 then went to the audi tt. Loved the handling and accelleration of that car. Then tricked the Skyline when I unlocked it. You can try to catch me as IceManBlue online PS2.

I'd try the demo if it would download at more than 40k for me. I think the servers are packed. Oh well another day..

Last edited:

Blumen

Coastermaker
^I actually find the 240sx the second best in the game, next to the Toyota Corolla. It seems to be the fastest in drags for me, including the RX-7.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I had a '69 510 wagon with an 1800 triple S motor, it was a fast little blighter.

I raced a dude with a brand new '90 Supra and kicked the crap out of him.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
ciento44 said:
^I actually find the 240sx the second best in the game, next to the Toyota Corolla. It seems to be the fastest in drags for me, including the RX-7.

LOL, 0 - 60 in 1.2 seconds. Gotta love that!

Blumen

Coastermaker
Yeah... my roomate claims he got a 6.99 in the quarter mile with his RX-7 in the game... but he can't duplicate the results, and no screenie, so right now i win.

In response to the turbo corolla... what year? I love those cars.

My 1993 Celica GT is going to be undergoing a major transformation over the next two years.... Can you say 700+HP, AWD?

Jakal

Tech Monkey
I just did the quqrter in 8.57 at 180 with my skyline.. I've done mid 7's with my Audi. I really love that TT. :)

Word.

E.M.I.
I have played Most wanted demo, And it does kick some serious ass so far. the demo had like 6 cars to use and was not a cheap small demo.
I really think this game will be great. Will be getting it within the first few days. :D!