Mass Effect 3 Trailer...

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Damn it... why do they have to go and get me all excited now... and why is Big Ben at the centre of an alien invasion and half destroyed...... again....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZGFjBmD41Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZGFjBmD41Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And then there's the new Deus Ex coming out in a couple months... too much Sci-Fi and cybernetics for me to take in such a short amount of time...

Ack, just remembered.... Tron as well....

Last edited:

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Cant wait! 2011 is gonna be awesome for games and movies! :D

i wonder how the story is gonna work out in ME3, will they throw us directly into the Earth invasion or build up to it! Going to be very interesting!

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
No surprise there, Square Enix has been feeling the pain from releasing games too early... even though it's Eidos that's developing it. From February to April 2011, bah, at least it's not November 2011... not yet anyway.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Am I the only one who hasn't played Mass Effect? I have the first one, I need to make it a point to play it in the new year, and then the second. I can't believe how far behind I am on games.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Mass Effect 1 - Epic Story, hell on the planet hopping space buggy called the Macko... the mind numbing number of hours you have to put up with that thing and its quirks... think low gravity mods for games but with a rubber ball, random surface geometry and 'bounce'... fun for the whole family... Fortunately, the rest of the game easily makes up for it. Though i will warn you, it's a real timesink, 40-50 hours if you want to do all the side quests and such.

Mass Effect 2 - Still the same great story, but with a few more 'moral decisions' to make, I say a few more, i mean a tonne. Best thing, no Macko... except as part of one of the DLC's. The Combat had been overhauled along with a much better inventory system. Again, also another 40-50 hours to complete... and a number of DLC missions which add another hour or 2 each, so 60-70 Hours if you want. Also, the story carries on from the first game, so you can import your character. The same will happen with ME3, the decisions you make will affect the next game. So replay is evil, since you have to play 2 games to setup different events.

As for the story, you can't really say anything without spoilers. It's compared to Babylon 5, the old TV series, so if you are familiar with that, then much of Mass Effect will be familiar in one way or another, though by no means the same. Seriously, you'd have to give yourself a good 2 weeks to play both games.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
40-50 hours for ME1? i completed 99% of the missions and it took me 24-25hrs! Gotta agree with the Mako driving though, hated it but had to complete all the side quests cause they show up in ME2 in some way, either as a news briefing or email or running into that person! The choices of killing most of the NPCs suckd though, cause if u save em, u get some real nice encounters in ME2! Got me a full Renegade bar even though i let em all live!
The only quest i didn't go running after were the collecting items ones. I picked up and scanned whatever came in my way but never went off the road (or dark space) just to pick the things up! :D

As for ME2, i ended it with all the side quests and DLCs in 18-19hrs, max! Its more fast paced. The combat is way way way better than ME1! And i have ended it like 8 times! :D

I just hope ME3 isn't like Dragon Age, running here and there recruiting other races(species!) to take back the earth for a final showdown! Who am i kidding, its gonna be just that!

Still, very excited! :D