Managed to C4 a moving helicopter in BC2

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
And because one of my clanmates, Dragonrage217, would not stop bugging me about it until I posted it online, here it is.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDj8HF4zwnM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDj8HF4zwnM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Man, that's hilarious!

Were you totally surprised by it, or took it in stride?

I think everyones been trying this since threatty posted a video that did contain this feat as well.

I always do something stupid when a heli happens to be super close to me and never kill it with any weapon.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Man, that's hilarious!

Were you totally surprised by it, or took it in stride?

Kinda both. I had been learning to chuck C4 pretty far to avoid being run over by a tank when I got too close...so when I saw it coming I just chucked it. Got pretty lucky apparently..the C4 pack blew up nowhere near the tail rotor but it still provided enough force to blow it up. The reason I put music over it is because for about 5 seconds after detonating I turned into a CoD 12-year-old.

"OHHH!!! OHHH!! OMG I GOT THAT. I GOT THAT ON VIDEO. HAHAHAHAHAHA YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *regains composure*

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
The reason I put music over it is because for about 5 seconds after detonating I turned into a CoD 12-year-old.

"OHHH!!! OHHH!! OMG I GOT THAT. I GOT THAT ON VIDEO. HAHAHAHAHAHA YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *regains composure*

I am still trying to decide how I am going to handle keeping teamspeak out of game video's keeping the mic out is very easy. But for incoming audio I was thinking a 5.1 headset and run the audio through a usb sound card to 2 channels and have the headset operate as 3.1 stereo with center channel and "sub".

I intend to record alot of BF3 gameplay and while occasionally knowing what we were saying would be cool the rest of the time hell no lol.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
I am still trying to decide how I am going to handle keeping teamspeak out of game video's keeping the mic out is very easy. But for incoming audio I was thinking a 5.1 headset and run the audio through a usb sound card to 2 channels and have the headset operate as 3.1 stereo with center channel and "sub".

I intend to record alot of BF3 gameplay and while occasionally knowing what we were saying would be cool the rest of the time hell no lol.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just put music over it to kill off the TS voices.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah I know what you mean. I just put music over it to kill off the TS voices.

Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to separate that. I recorded a quick blurb video the other day because I couldn't even tell how I killed someone, and because I am using a USB mic, MY voice doesn't even come through, but everyone else's does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIiDl_u8Q8

Makes for an odd recording. Gotta get a mic that I can plug into my audio card to at least prevent this.

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to separate that. I recorded a quick blurb video the other day because I couldn't even tell how I killed someone, and because I am using a USB mic, MY voice doesn't even come through, but everyone else's does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIiDl_u8Q8

Makes for an odd recording. Gotta get a mic that I can plug into my audio card to at least prevent this.

I thought it uses the default recording device as the mic input...

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
I thought it uses the default recording device as the mic input...

In fraps to record mic the "Record External Input" box has to be checked. Myne is off not sure if that is the default. But for everyone else speaking it goes to the same audio device your recording already.

All you have to do is put teamspeak on a different audio device. I can do this now but problem is its hard to hear people on my speakers while im listening to the game on my headset. The real trick is getting it all on the same headset. As i said before only thing i can think of is analog input 5.1 and jacking say the rear channels for a usb device as the teamspeak one.

His situation with the usb headset isnt so easy to resolve. You can hear since TS/Vent is set to play clicks is recorded in the video lol.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In fraps to record mic the "Record External Input" box has to be checked. Myne is off not sure if that is the default. But for everyone else speaking it goes to the same audio device your recording already.

Oh geez, I have never seen that option before =/ Thanks for pointing it out.

I -could- move the Vent information to another audio device, but I'd rather hear the game -and- the voices. It's just a lose/lose situation as far as I'm aware.

His situation with the usb headset isnt so easy to resolve. You can hear since TS/Vent is set to play clicks is recorded in the video lol.

That's a problem in my video also... you could hear me clicking the chat button, but no voice would come through after, haha.

RainMotorsports

Partition Master
Yeah my headset is usb and i play on the laptop so I can move either game sound or ts sound off to the laptops sound device, but as you say lose lose.